Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:46:28 PM

Author Topic: Configuring mach  (Read 15311 times)

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
Configuring mach
« on: July 11, 2006, 01:01:42 PM »
Hi
   Can any one help a new boy gets his home made 3 axis machine running?  I have had my box of drivers etc for a month now but still cant get the motors running.  The box supplier is somewhat slow to respond to my questions and not very helpful.  I have got a xml file from him - Can anyone give me some screen prints showing how to configure mach 3 ie which settings to put into the input / output dialogue  boxes etc just from the xml file?
Heres hoping
Jacko
Re: Configuring mach
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 05:53:28 PM »
What is the name of the XML ? Is it Mach3Mill.XML ? If it is not Mach3Mill.XML you will need to load a new profile... This can be done by pressing the Mach3 Icon and looking for something with the same name as the XML that they sent. This is just a start :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 06:27:43 PM »
Hi Brian,
Attached are the 2 files that i have managed to get out of them.  They use mach 2 but it made more sense to me to use mach 3 - however i have 2 & 3 on the machine but cant make out what pin numbers to enter in the input etc boxes.  I'm a toolmaker and not into electronics so finding it a bit hard going.  The unit was meant to be plug and play!!  When I have asked for an intsallation manual they tell me "they haven't finished writing it yet!!"
Thanks for the interest.  The UK seems miles behind the USA - as usual.
Regards Jacko
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 07:04:22 PM »
I have looked at the XML and it is junk... There are no settings for the pins :( as soon as I have a bit of free time I will see about setting up with an XML :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 07:10:50 PM »
Try this :)

www.machsupport.com

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 06:16:37 AM »
Good morning Brian and thanks for this modified? file - but what exactly do I do with it?  Do i go into the mach directory and delete the existing xml file and replace it with this one?  Is this a sort of data file that holds all the pin settings? Please excuse my ignorance.
Jacko

Hood

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 01:22:08 PM »
Put it in the Mach3 directory, if there is already a xml called BF.xml it will ask if you want to overwrite it. Also when you start Mach make sure it is the Mach icon you click and not the Mach3Mill one. When you click the Mach3 Icon you will get a small window which will ask you to choose your profile, choose the BF one and you should be set.
Hood

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 02:26:16 PM »
Good evening Hood?,
                     Well explained - I can understand that bit - will give it a try in the morning.  Will that then set my pins in the input dialogues boxes etc? As stated,  I have no documentation from the box supplier.
Thanks for your help
Jacko

Hood

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 02:41:04 PM »
Yes it should do. Brian has made a new profile in Mach and set it up as per the diagram above and that is the xml he has posted. The xml basically has all the settings, pins, states etc for everything you do in that profile, when you change a setting it gets changed and saved in the xml. Once you have the mill, router or whatever set up to your liking it is wise to copy the xml to a seperate location as a backup just in case you have any problems later. It will save a lot of time as all you will need to do is paste it back into the mach3 folder and all your settings will be back.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 02:44:06 PM »
BTW Jacko, where you from in the UK? I am in Carnoustie, Scotland.

Hood