Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:51:08 AM

Author Topic: How to Configurate Z-Axis  (Read 3075 times)

How to Configurate Z-Axis
« on: December 05, 2008, 03:38:36 PM »
My CNC router has stepper motors and home/limit switches at the top of the Z-Axis, and at the home position of the X-Axis and Y-Axis. How do I configurate Z-Axis so that when the router bit is touching the workpiece, the coordinates are 0,0,0 after homing the axises? There are two coordinates - machine and other kind after setting up workpieces.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How to Configurate Z-Axis
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 04:20:59 PM »
When you home that sets the machine coords, you can then jog to any point you wish and type a number into the DRO or Zero the DRO via the button and that will be an offset. So if for examply you jog the Z down to your work piece surface and zero the DRO that is now your work offset zero for the Z axis, a move up will be positive, a move down negative.
  You can also type directly into a DRO and also with the latest version you can add, subtract, divide and multiply in a DRO. As an example if you wanted to touch off feeler gauge you would jog down so that the axis is just above the work and then slowly jog the axis until the feeler gauge slips in,you can then type the thickness of the feeler gauge into the DRO and that will mean the surface of the work is zero.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 04:56:02 PM »
How do I install the new version of Mach3 over old version of Mach3 without affecting the configuration of my CNC router?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 05:01:42 PM »
It depends on how you have things set up. If you have a custom profile then you shold not need to do anything, if you are using one of the standard profiles then you will need to save any custom macros you have made (if they are custom versions of standard macros)
 It i always safest to have  a copy of your xml, brains and macros in any case.
 Hood