Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:25:56 PM

Author Topic: No Pulse Frequency!  (Read 26869 times)

Re: No Pulse Frequency!
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2009, 08:14:43 AM »
Checked, It's the standard parallel port that came with the computer on the typical port 0x378

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2009, 08:21:24 AM »
If its the onboard port then that is the usual address but just double check in device manager.
 If the opulse frequency and Time in Int are displaying correctly that means the driver is installed fine and if  the DROs change when you jog then it seems that for some reason your port is not working.
Hood
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 08:35:02 AM »
Yep, the pulse frequency is 25K and the time in in is 40 ish. The DRO's change when I jog but I'm not seeing any lights in the output boxes.
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 09:25:07 PM »
I just fired up my Mach3 Gantry mill after it had been mothballed for two years.
In the interim I hooked it to a new computer.
I did a clean install of 3.042.020
I had to remember all the install problems I had and how to fix them.
I too could not get the motors to run.
Spent a day and a half.
Same problems as the thread.
Limit switches lit up the LED's and DRO's moved but no motor motion.
Then I went back through my PDMX122 board instructions.
It was the Charge Pump
I had not set it to pin17 port1
I activated it and Voila'

One other possible fix:
On my first installation years ago i remember deleting the parallel port from the device manager.
then on reboot when it found it again Mach3 had control of it.

Those are my two suggestions ::)
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 10:50:43 AM »
karbunkle, You make a good point of deleting the parallel port and letting windows reinstall it. I hadn't thought of this as I have been working with computers for thirty so years and have never had a problem with LPT1. However, I think I will try this as I am in the same predicament. Thanks for the suggestion. My controller has threeindividual drivers for each axis and I find it hard to believe that all three would have gone bad just from sitting.

I will try it this evening and see what it does.

Hollye
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2009, 02:09:03 PM »
I was dealing with this problem, but I was using a computer with a 500 GHz processor and W2K. The pulse frequency would work for awhile and then go to zero. Take a look at task manager. Do an alt ctrl del, task manager, performances see how much CPU Usage you have going on. When I loaded Mach on the old computer I was often at 100%. I now have a new computer the is 2.6 ? GHz processor with Windows XP and stripped of all unnecessary programs, it is always less than 30% usage now.
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 12:50:56 PM »
I've been building  a DMF router since  Feb 2009 and now its in  my studio expecting to be  fired  up.  but a few  issues  evolve as I work on Mach3 set up . First   I need to figure out why the pulse frequency  has change from a running condition  at 24800 ish   to zero and I cant get it to flow again  I must say that I began to configure the  cnc  with  my ports hooked to the c10 bidirectional breakout board. After having no  motor response I decided to install  the mach pulsing engines using the device manager.  Since then the pulse frequency is dead. I have unhook the board from the PC, uninstall the drivers, reset, reboot,  and tried to run the test again. A message  stating  that a the driver test fails because it  "could not locate missing vector"  shows . What  to do next? Anybody has an idea?