Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:25:58 AM

Author Topic: No Pulse Frequency!  (Read 26779 times)

Re: No Pulse Frequency!
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 07:50:40 PM »
What do you see on the diagnostics page? For the Time in Int and the Frequency

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 10:24:02 AM »
The following is from the Diagnostics page;
Time Int = +0.0
Pulse Frequency = 0
Look Ahead = 20
Time Scale = 1.000
PWM Base = 5.0
CPU Speed = 2653.00
All others under "Jog" are 0;

For DriverTest these are the results;
Parameter = 35khz

Pulse/Sec = 33723
CPU = 2653
Shortest Time = .001us
Longest Time = 35us
Apic Timing = 0
Interupt = 0
Max Variation = 32.174 us
Avg Int = 14.26
Longest Int = 46.057

Apic is also green.

Thanks for your help.  Roger

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 01:15:36 PM »
I know this sounds daft, but try installing mach 3 BEFORE you install service Pak 3. As a matter of fact, if all this computer is to do is run Mach, you don't need Service Pak 3.

I think I have the same mother board in my computer, which I have just installed in the workshop. Everything ran in alright and worked first time (apart from a glitch where, for some reason, the LPT1 output had been disabled).

I have since installed service pak 3 and it is still running, although one or two have reported difficultulties.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »
Good thought.  I tried it though.  The reason I installed service pak 3 was because this new version of Mach 3 did not work.  So, using the same mentality as every other product, "Make sure all drivers and products are updated!".  So I upgraded to SP3.  And no change.  So I switched back to Mach 2.63 and the router works fine again.  There is something, some code or function, that was added to this new version that I imagine is not allowing Mach to access the driver. 
I guess if no one else has any ideas I'll stick with Mach 2.63 on this machine and just plan on upgrading when I upgrade the machine. 
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 09:31:08 PM »
Yup.. You are not installing the Driver... If you would please manualy uninstall the Driver and post a picture of what you have in device manager. Then Run the DriverTest.exe in the Mach3 Directory.

Also to uninstall the driver you will need to tell the system that you would like to DELETE the driver from the system

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 11:24:56 PM »
Brian,

I'll give it a try when I get in to the shop on Monday.  In my past uninstalls the driver was there in the device manager and I uninstalled it as per your instructions and it was removed from the device manager. I rebooted, reinstalled the whole program, rebooted for kicks, and got the same results.  With 2.63 I can run "OriginalDriver" and Mach won't run.  I get 0 pulse frequency.  I then run "SpecialDriver" and it runs great.  No such results with version 3.042.018 or version 3.042.020.  Is it possible that the SpecialDriver has not been proven with this version of Mach?  Does anyone else use the SpecialDriver?  Thanks for the continued help.   
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 11:24:31 AM »
You need to do more then remove it... Some of the newer Windows steups will Keep a backup of the driver and when you install it will call up the backup. We did some work to Rev the Driver and it should make it install over the old driver. But some machines have trouble (I would say like .01%) . So when you tell it to remove there should be an option to delete it from the system...  So after you uninstall do a search for Mach3.SYS and delete ALL That you find ;) Then Reinstall

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 12:25:57 PM »
I joined the forum to contribute to this topic. I was having exactly the same problem this morning, Driver test appeared to be working but Mach 3 was not. While I was waiting to be accepted I found an answer for my problem in this topic http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,9541.30.html

I realise I'm new and haven't run Mach in any configuration before but have you tried Sherline mode, it helped me and it sounds like it might be able to help you.
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 11:07:09 AM »
Brian,
Well I think I must be in the .00001%.  I uninstalled the program,  uninstalled the driver in device manager, removed mach3.sys from the found backup files, searched for any hint of Mach3.sys (hidden folders, system folders, etc) on the computer, deleted anything and everything related, and rebooted.  Installed ver 3.042 and rebooted.  Tried DriverTest and it gave zero for pulse/sec.  Ran SpecialDriver then ran Driver Test and it gave the 36K pulse/sec.  Ran Mach3 and still 0 for pulse frequency. 

Thanks for the suggestion msraynford!  Gave it a try with this new install and still nothing.   

Now does the fact that I have to run the "no apic" SpecialDriver to get Mach to work with any version hint to any conflicts? 

Thanks again.  Roger 
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 11:27:55 AM »
Unzip this into your Mach3 Directory and try it.. Hope it helps
Brian

www.machsupport.com