Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:10:36 AM

Author Topic: Motors not Turnining...  (Read 7965 times)

Re: Motors not Turnining...
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 03:47:04 PM »
Hood asked for the pdf manual. It is attached.

Chip: your suggestions seem very important and we'll test them next opportunity.. Thanks.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »
Ah, thanks for attaching the manual but I was actually meaning a manual for your MaxNC ;)

Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 04:29:42 PM »
Hi, Larry

It would help if you could take a couple of pic's of the Machine, Control Box and Part Numbers....., Is it stepper or servo ?

Chip
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 12:27:11 AM »
Chip,
School is closed until Monday and I'm out of town. But I'll go in as soon as I get back and try to get some pictures. We don't have much in the way of documentation. How can I tell if the motors are stepper or servo? And when you asked, "In Config, Ports & Pins, Output's Page, No pin's selected. " were you reading our XML?
Hood,
Of course you wouldn't want that manual! I don't know what I was thinking! I was rushing out of town and grabbed the only manual we have. MaxNC didn't provide any documentation. I'll email them right now to see if anything is available.

thanks everyone,
Larry
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »
I had asked Hood, offline, about how to check output voltages to the motors when the limit switches kept tripping. We thought we might have worked around this by disabling the switches in Mach 3. Hood offered the following suggestion:

"If you have NC switches on them and you remove them they will trip, what you will need to do is put jumper wires from the dedicated limit connections to the dedicated common terminal."

Hood - we're back in school tomorrow (Monday) and want to get back on this. What are "NC" switches and how can we determine if that's what we have? Do we jump between connections on the parallel plug?

There's very little information available for this MaxNC Router. I've written them asking for more info but I'm not optimistic. Here's info off their website: http://maxnc.com/maxpath_42.htm

We appreciate, so much, everyone's help and patience.

Larry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 01:17:45 PM »
Larry,
 NC means Normally Closed, ie when they are not activated there is a path through them for the electricity to flow. NO are Normaly Open and they need to be activated before electricity will flow.
 The drawing in the pdf of your driver boards suggests they are NO switches but I think you said the ones you have fitted are NC, if that is the case then to do away with the dedicated limit switches you would need to put a jumper wire between each of them and the common to trick the driver board into thinking the switches are connected.

Hood
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 03:29:29 PM »
Chris D from MaxNC read my xml file and found a setting that was incorrectly set. But the biggest issue was an obscure and hidden reset button that tripped!  Everything's working now! Thanks everyone for the help and advice. I'll send some pictures of some of the students' work next.

Whew! And the semester is almost over. Just in time!

Larry