Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:58:00 AM

Author Topic: PWM output for spindle  (Read 42744 times)

Re: PWM output for spindle
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 12:03:48 AM »
Hi,

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but you also need to do to the motor tuning tab for the spindle and set the acceleration to a reasonable value. If you don't do this, the default acceleration value  is so low that it takes forever to get to a measurable value.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline Repmo

•  54 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 07:05:55 AM »
for 0-10 volt, use 1 output on SS, connect it on optocoupler, transistor side of opto, supply on drive reference 10 volt and drive signal, in serie with 1 diode and add 1 small capacitor.... 

the SS will generate PWM pulse for charging or discharge capacitor  may be 2-8 volt....    in your drive you probably had calibration function for setup minimum and maximum Input signal....
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 01:45:17 AM »
Hello Sergey, I`d have some questions:

For Spindle Speed Control, are you using the upper-left section of that schematics?
Does it give a linear output signal?
How do you set up MACH for this? Step/DIR spindle control? (and what frequencies/speeds)
For DIR I assume a separate relay can be used which is not drawn in the scematics, right?

I have made such board, for a basis have taken this scheme: http://cncrouter.ru/images/lathe.gif
+ two relays for inclusion of a spindle and change of a direction of rotation.
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 01:47:18 AM »
For PWM spindle speed anyway does someone know what Base Freq values can be set reasonably for the SS???
I need in fact 0-10V control, but for low PWM freq. as 10Hz, I`d need at least a 3rd order filter and some more components to have a relatively good spindle speed response on the command values...
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »
So I built my PWM-Analog converter of active filters, with adustable amplification for better calibration.
Now as I use it I had another question raised:

Does anyone how the PWM resolution changes with PWM frequency?
(Separately for PP output and for SS output)
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 01:35:11 PM »
>>Config -> Spindle Pulleys

>>  Select a pulley
   >> Choose min and max RPM, and a ratio so that spindle feedback calculates the correct RPM for display

Measuring the spindle pulley RPM my value is higher than the mach3 speed. Spindle rpm 654, Mach3 500. If I adjust the spindle ratio to reflect the commanded speed and the spindle speed remains unchanged how is that going to affect threading? I would think that threads would be mangled.
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 08:46:02 AM »
Hi, does anyone have any experience on the hardware-wireing and software setup for PWM with the Rockwell Allen-Bradley Powerflex4M inverter?
i'm also using C25 and Smoothstepper, i can control it through an external switch right now just to turn it on and off. will i need other hardware like a charge pump to set this up or could it be hooked up as is? THANKS!
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 07:38:07 AM »
Hi Repmo,

Motor Tuning

For Step & Direction:

• Set "Steps Per" to the maximum step frequency.  This is the frequency that will produce the maximum speed of the spindle motor.

Thanks,

Greg

Hello, How is the maximum step frequency determined for an AC spindle ??? 

thanks

pete