Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:40:22 PM

Author Topic: I'm lost  (Read 8565 times)

Re: I'm lost
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 03:53:40 PM »
Thought I would show how I retrofitted my PC tower with the Gecko G540.   Power supply fit nicely in the bottom inside and you can see the plug and switch on the lower left.

The Gecko's are a huge improvement over the Xylotex and the G540 is very competitively priced.

Dan
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 08:50:36 PM »
Dan,

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing the information on fixing your problem. 

I just picked up a Gecko 250 based system and had the almost .2 inch difference in running a 3d fixture cut for a project.  Work area in the code is 1 inch by 1 inch. 

Enabling the Sherline 1/2 pulse mode worked for me also.  I have the setup down to .0015 inch off at the end of the code now, and am going to change the Step and Dir pluses to see if that helps even more. 

Thanks again,
Michael
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 05:22:12 AM »
Just checking to see if the original problem was corrected?  I think I am having the same problem, but only with my z-axis and it only does it after running the motors for 10-15 minutes.  Where do I find the option to select this "1/2 Sherline Mode"?

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 05:33:20 AM »
  Where do I find the option to select this "1/2 Sherline Mode"?

thanks
From config menu then ports and pins, towards the right hand side of the initial page.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 08:07:22 AM »
I have never found what the issue is or why you need to use the sherline mode.   The computer I am running on is a 1.8 AMD with a gig of ram.  There is no onboard video and I do not run anything but Mach3 on this system.

I do like the Gecko over the Xylotex controller it is a much more robust system.

I would like to get the smoothstepper at some point when they have 100% compatibility. 
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 07:54:34 PM »
Well blow me down (isn't that what Popeye used to say).  I run my machine till everything warmed up and I started missing steps.  I then went to Mach and checked the Sherline 1/2 pulse mode box and haven't missed a step since.  I could see the exact spot I was missing the steps and Have no idea what that does, but it works and that is all I care.

thanks for the help guys,
Doug
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »
It's a freakin mystery.
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 12:23:41 PM »
If it helps any I was/am in the same boat.  Either check Sherline mode or lose steps in Z.  I haven't changed the pulse width though.  G540, 48V power supply, keling 387's all around. 
It's not so much that it happens like this, but that there seems to be no logical explanation for why.  Gecko says there is no reason for it to be this way, and it doesn't make sense why it would be.  I've recently upgraded my computer, but I'm still using the old XML.  Perhaps the computer upgrade will have helped some as the old system was a bit on the low side of spec.