Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:02:36 AM

Author Topic: help Me  (Read 10784 times)

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: help Me
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 03:56:05 AM »
Rich - I got the same picture, and the program seems to repeat 4 or 5 times. The maximum cut is 25 mm, and the size is 130mm by 160 so it would appear to be wood (if that is english)

It must be a tool diaameter compensation query

Djjroo -

If you have your cutter tools entered in the tool table, with all the radius/diameters, them

G40 - Cancels compensation
G41 - Compensation left
G42 - Compensation right

Enter the code where you want the machine to apply compensation. The machine must be away from the job, and, after you have applied the compensation, the tool must move to the work, to allow compensation to be added.

Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 07:50:52 AM »
Im not sure but, was tool diameter compensation implemented without bugs in mach?

Don Fasso,
Welcome to the wonderful and addictive world of CNC, Im sure you will be able to find all the information you need and more in this forum.
As a recommendation:
1. DO read, read and read some more, Start with the mach manual available in the documentation page under the support drop down menu, then go through the forum when you have a specific question, you can use the search function to help you find what you need.
2. see the video tutorials
3. I recommend starting your own thread for posting something new, unless it is relevant to some other thread already in the forum you can post there, two reasons for this: it is not polite to hijack someone elses thread with some other subject, and you will most likely get more help if you post a clear thread subject regarding your question or comment. For example the subject on this thread "Help Me" does not say anything about what would be in the thread, not to be rude, but people that know their stuff(theres a lot of them to mention them) and that actually take their time to help people, do not have the time to go through every thread to see if they can help, so clear subjects related to the post are better.
4. I recommend that if you are new at this whole cnc thing, not just the mach software, join the cnczone forum as well, there is a lot of information there to help us all, as well as a lot of people willing to help.
5. take care, be careful, safety first.
6. enjoy the ride.

regards

Fernando

Offline Don Faso Aviation

•  7 7
  • Oh I’m a yummy tummy funny lucky gummy bear!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 10:54:11 AM »
THANK YOU, FERNANDO!! I will keep your recommendations in mind. The fact of the matter is that life has literally thrown me into a crash course in computers, CNC, chat rooms, etc. etc. when I'm suffering from traumatic brain injury and I saw my first real computer when I was 25!!. Talk about major overload!! I literally have to take naps A.M. and P.M. to cope. But I have this ridiculous big faith and dumb pit bull commitment to move ahead in life. My apologies to whom it may concern, I didn't mean to be rude or hijack anything. I hate terrorists anyway! I don't know if I should start a thread on using a laptop for CNC or if there's already one going. Please help me.
SPARTANS, PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! -LEONIDAS
HEROES ARE THE OPPOSITE OF CELEBRITIES, HEROES ARE THE MOST HUMAN OF HUMANS. BECOME MORE HUMAN EVERYDAY!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 11:01:42 AM »
jimpinder -
so tool goes with centre of  line  drawn and it has to go beside line
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 07:45:18 PM »
Yes jjaroo,
when you code by hand, or with a cam software that does not have tool compensation (easy to recognize if they do not ask for tool diameter) the lines traced will be where the center of the cutting tool will move. You have 3 or 4 choices:
1. Code by hand taking this offset in consideration.
2. use a cam software that supports tool compensation.
3. draw your part again in your cam software and just offset the profile by half the tool diameter, and use the CAM program to generate your code again.
4. I dont know if the Gcodes for tool offset were completely implemented, but as jimpindler stated, use the
G40 for the tool center ride on the line.
G41 for your tool to ride on the left of the line
G42 for your tool to ride on the right of the line
assuming you have the diameter already set up inside mach in the tool tables.

cheers
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 07:50:48 PM »
Don Faso,
A quick search in the forum with the keywords laptop AND mach returns quite a few hits, on the first page two threads with information specific to your question:

How to run Mach from a laptop
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,8420.0.html

Laptop requirements with Mach 3
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,5981.0.html

Regards
Fernando

Offline Don Faso Aviation

•  7 7
  • Oh I’m a yummy tummy funny lucky gummy bear!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 10:31:37 PM »
There are certainly a lot of hits in the "laptop and Mach 3" search but you pointed me into something a lot mole specific to my problem and I appreciate that very much. Not being good with computers, on my own I would be at a total loss trying to decide from all that what specifically applies to me. I didn't come here to be a bother but I'm not ashamed to admit that I may need to be led by the hand sometimes. When in good health, I devoted 80% of my life to helping others, so I know I have "equity in the bank of life".
SPARTANS, PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! -LEONIDAS
HEROES ARE THE OPPOSITE OF CELEBRITIES, HEROES ARE THE MOST HUMAN OF HUMANS. BECOME MORE HUMAN EVERYDAY!!!
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 05:09:43 AM »
And how does this act on bows , wheels ??
Thanks, Djjaroo
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 05:13:50 AM by djjaroo »