Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 04:29:31 AM

Author Topic: Power Feed, new purchase  (Read 4090 times)

Power Feed, new purchase
« on: October 05, 2008, 09:53:19 AM »
Hello,
Though I've held a Mach license since early in Mach I, I have resisted buying the Newfangled set.
The Power Feed wizard caused me to pay up.
I have a question and some suggestions. If these are a rehash I apologize, I cannot possibly read all the previous posts.

There is no indication what feedrate the incremental stepover is using; what is it? Is it a jog or the set feedrate?
I suggest there be a button to save all settings.
I suggest a DRO for step jog size. It is probable that I'll want to use keyboard jogging while in the wizard.
I suggest a DRO for continuous jog rate
I suggest a row of buttons to the right of the incremental steps Dro's, to allow going in the opposite direction.
And maybe a button to "go to rapid Z". I'll know better after I use it more.

I'd like to add a button to the main screens that would instantly take me to the Power Feed wizard. Please supply the code for such a button.

I tried to make these change myself, but I can't get into it; I think.
Let me know your thoughts

Thanks,
Ozzie
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 01:26:36 PM by OzzieII »
Re: Power Feed, new purchase
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »
I've just come in from using Power Feed a bit. Pretty slick stuff.
An additional thought I have is that it really should be a page in Mach 3 rather than a wizard.
It really solves a couple of issues when what you want to do is more intuitive than requiring CAM and writing code by hand or using MDI is just way too tiresome.
This is a missing link!
I understand the desire to profit from it by selling it as part of the Newfangled thing. But perhaps you can give those who buy it a method/program for making it a page in Mach 3.

Such a page can be written from scratch, but with my limited knowledge of VB, it would take me quite a while. It would be much cooler for you guys to figure a way.

Just my thoughts,
Ozzie
Re: Power Feed, new purchase
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 09:46:23 PM »
Thanks for the note, I am happy to hear you find the Power Feed a useful wizard.

I think the screen is already to crowded, so I would hate add anymore DROs.

The problem with making it a Mach screen is that there are just to many screens that some guys find useful- where would we stop?