Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 09:10:40 AM

Author Topic: Getting wizard to append to existing code  (Read 4081 times)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Getting wizard to append to existing code
« on: September 27, 2008, 03:14:47 PM »
It was my understanding that when running the NFS wizards several times it was supposed to add the new code to the end of existing code in MACH. Each time I run a wizard it wipes out the previous code already in MACH. What am I doing wrong?

Sage
Re: Getting wizard to append to existing code
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 01:28:35 PM »
The wizard builds one big program per session. Each run is a new session and starts with a blank file. Every operation you do adds to that file, which is loaded into Mach when you end the wizard run.

But it does not save code from one run to the next. It does however remember the settings you used the last time it ran so when you open each operation the values shown are the ones from the last time you ran that operation.

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Re: Getting wizard to append to existing code
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 02:31:31 PM »
 Ok. I see how it works now. I guess it makes more sense now that (with the new 2.79 version) you can see the G-code in the Wizard preview window. I was exiting back to Mach to see if the code made sense to what I was asking for. In fact I open a separate notepad file, do an "edit code" in Mach and cut and paste each individual code segment into my new file - editing the new bits, the comments and the inbetween stuff along the way. I may continue doing it that anyway as I thnk I end up with a cleaner final result quicker.

Thanks

Sage