Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:18:47 AM

Author Topic: Rapid not working during jogging  (Read 10034 times)

Rapid not working during jogging
« on: October 04, 2008, 12:02:49 PM »
Hello all. Been using mach for a while now with no problems. Then recently when I am jogging my mill to set up work, the rapid stopped working when I hold the "shift" key. I've tried a couple things but cant find the problem, first I tried a new keyboard and that didn't work. Next I pressed the "Tab" key to open "MPG mode" and checked that when I press the "shift" key that the little rapid LED lit up when I hit the "shift" key, And it did, so the controller is recognizing that I'm hitting the "shift" Key. Lastly I installed the newest lockdown version of mach and that had no effect either.
anyone else got any ideas.

Thanks Chris
Re: Rapid not working during jogging
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 01:14:41 PM »
man, really, nobody got a suggestion.
CB
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 01:31:05 PM »
Is it *only* jogging that doesn't work?  i.e. - does the axis move normally under program control?  Even rapids?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 01:38:03 PM »
yes, it works fine during a program, rapids and all. I can slow jog it fine as well, Only rapid jog does not work.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 01:40:49 PM »
What happens if you slow down the fast jog to perhaps 90%?  Or if you reduce the max speed for that axis a bit?  The idea being to find out if there is a threshold above with it doesn't work, or if it's the fast-jog functionality itself that's broken.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 02:33:17 PM »
yeah i already tried that too. I think its the fast jog function that isnt working. I've had my mill for almost 2 years, and it just recently stopped working one day. Its quite a pain to have to do setups without it.
 ???
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 02:41:11 PM »
I don't know if there's anything in the XML that coudl affect that, but it seems likely.  You might want to create a new profile (just configuire that one axis), and see if that gets it working.  If it does, then you either need to figure out what's wrong with your old XML, or just create a complete new one.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 02:12:30 PM »
Hi Chris,
  You have probably already looked here, but see what your motor tuning is under config, motor tuning, to see just what the max is
on each motor.
  When you run a part, does  a G0 command make your motors run very fast?

Glenn
Don't assume anything.....it'll make a Manager out of U and Me!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 03:31:34 PM »
yeah, like I said my rapids work fine during a program. I have the motor max speed at 100 IPM and they can handle that just fine and have been for almost 2 years even while jogging, but now all of a sudden I cant get it to rapid jog by pressing the "shift" key anymore.  all I am getting during jogging is about 10 or so IPM. I can still get incremental movement by holding "Ctrl". but no rapids on "Shift".

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 03:38:21 PM »
Have you tried a different keyboard? Are you sure the shift key is working? Have you changed screen sets?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!