Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:24:55 AM

Author Topic: Wizard editing......Possible?  (Read 3225 times)

Wizard editing......Possible?
« on: June 14, 2006, 05:34:38 PM »
Hi Art or Brian, or anyone else who might know the answer.

Is it possible to edit the output of a wizard in V2 before the wizard code is run? If so how? If not, how hard would it be to edit the wizard to leave a line or two out?

Mike
Re: Wizard editing......Possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 07:12:24 AM »
What is the V2 wizard? I think we can take few lines out :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 09:13:06 AM »
Hi Brian,

It's the digitizing wizard. I have run the wizard several time in testing the probe I built, or rather probes, and have found some things I would like to change. For instance I want the points to be evenly spaced in the dimensions I give the wizard but instead I get a stagered set of points. I used a .125" step in the x and a .06" step in the y. Program starts and runs the first line in the x till you get to the next to the last point, then it is a x/y move to the first point of the second line but fails to give me a last point of the first line! This is repeated along all lines. I need all the points.

Now a question for you. the x dimension was not a multiple of the x step. Is this what cause the x/y step?

After having used the wizard more and actually being able to get a point cloud saved I discovered I didn't need the editing option for the reason I thought I did.

Mike
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »
I don't know much about that wizard :( Art made it some time ago... Post a section of code from the wizard and we will work on it together :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com