Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:53:26 PM

Author Topic: program quits at 5K line every time  (Read 10441 times)

Re: program quits at 5K line every time
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 07:40:26 PM »
been there done that but the post does not appear
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 07:45:17 PM »
Try one more time hopefully the file is there
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 02:02:11 AM »
Finally the file turns up ,I changed the spelling .

As a novice can someone tell me the significance of the XML file and why it is pertinent to this line limiting machine movement .....thanks mike hide

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 03:20:32 AM »
The xml holds all of your settings, unfortunately the xml you have posted  is basically blank, ie no motors or inputs/outputs set up etc, are you sure this is for the profile you are using? Please try again to attach the xml for the profile you are using (you will need to rename again ) , also please attach the code you are having the problems with.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 01:35:03 PM »
Basically this is the case of an old dog trying to learn new tricks. I appreciate your patience when from your address you could be out playing golf on a premier course.

That being said I know what I want to send you but am having trouble getting it to you due to my inefficiency on these marvelous machines.

I have tried to send you the seach results .again I have sent the file at the top oof the search list which was "mach3xml" and renamed mjhxml.I am still trying to figure out how to send the full G code and will send it shortly [I hope]   

Trying to read between the lines should I have established some kind of "profille" some how before even starting this project and the one we are discussing not having the missing data was there ever a  chance the system could ever have worked ?  regards mike hide
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 01:45:12 PM »
Here we go again, hope this works

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 02:12:23 PM »
Mike - I have this problem when using my download version to run some copper clad etching programs which often go to several thousand lines. When I download them, they only load to the 500th line - you can see that in the download window. Another dead giveaway is that the toolpath diagram does not show the whole cut, (only the first 500 lines).

If you say you have purchased a copy of Mach 3 this should now open up to do the complete number of lines.

You can, if you wish, test this by cutting 450 line chunks out of the program using notepad and adding M99 at the end.
If you just do a couple say, using "save as" name them p1 and p2 and file then in the "subroutines" folder. In your main program, where you cut them out, type in M98(p1.txt) and M98(p2.txt) and load that.

You should find that your Toolpath display now displays about 1400 lines of the code - two 450 line subroutines and the 480 or so lines after that. I am not suggesting that you do all the program like that, it would be far to taxing, put it will point to where the problem is.

Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 02:13:41 PM »
Are there any premier golf courses near Carnoustie  :-\ :-\ :-\
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 03:24:57 PM »
Well thats what I have heard, perhaps I have the name wrong all I know is there is a similar name in golf lore.

Anyhow I will try and send the G code via a zip file

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »
Jim,
 http://www.carnoustiegolflinks.co.uk/

Mike
Just going to look at your xml now, been a busy day.

Hood