Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:09:51 AM

Author Topic: Lazy Cam pain  (Read 31624 times)

Offline Vicke

•  13 13
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Cam pain
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2008, 11:09:33 AM »
Hi RICH,
yes you are right about addons and mach3  and Lazycam it is really fine program and of course a big job behinde. Im´m sorry if you take the critique personally.
I se you are working hard to make Lazycam to work.    If the power from the begining been have start say as 50/50%  on mill/turn software in mach mybe we
have hade another situation today. But of caurse if we only are a few members how have a turn even I can understand the situation.
About pay I have no shoise becourse I can´t make any programming.  I´m not critiquel ..okey I was but I think I was missunderstanding when I wrote my reply  ;)
Yesterday is over, perhaps even I can make some small thing to make Lazycam more confortable in future.     

Offline spnar

•  53 53
  • Little workshop on a little island
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2008, 01:44:20 PM »
Hi guys

The only way forward is to use this program and make mistakes.
If you follow this thread there is a mine of information.There is much more if you browse the forum.
At least there is a manual for mach turn and that makes the process of obtaining a part on the lathe less painfull.
After using my home built mill for some time using Kcam i needed to complement it with a small lathe. As RICH said
there is not much out there and all the effort put in to make Layzycam work will pay dividends.
If layzyturn matures then maybe we could move on to that.
Both machines Lathe and Mill are complementary and you will need both to make your projects
a reality. 8)

Spnar

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2008, 02:55:02 PM »
Vickle,
Never took it as a critique or personally. We are still friends of the hobby. Written words have a tone to them and with short sentnces / to the point sometimes comes across as harsh or hard to the reader. If you try something based on what's posted and it dosn't seem to work for you or the instructions are not clear, just post and may be able to help.

Spnar,
Do any machiniing yet?

RICH

Offline spnar

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2008, 03:27:30 AM »
Hi Rich

Am struggling with the to-do list as presented by wife.
As stated in previous posts i have postponed this way too long.
HOWEVER ;D
I have machined some trials using wizards just to check the accuracy of my setup.
It needs a little more work for good engineering jobs but it's ok for decorative machining
works.
My first project will be a decorative piece which is an ideal project to learn Lazycam
Lots of different shapes and in the process you can refine the machine for more accurate works.
I have a profile which is proving to be a bit of a hard nut to crack and may need your help soon.
If i crack it i will post it anyway.

Spnar ;)

Offline spnar

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »
Hi ALL
Am posting profile in LCam and DXF.
It cleaned and posted code reasonably well.
As always some cleaning up was required .
Will try to machine this profile and see how it goes.
By the way Rich i called this 3 balls plus

Spnar

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2008, 09:24:45 PM »
Spnar,
Looks like your making good progress. I also have my honey do's to do.
I have not had much luck in manipulating the entities, maybe way off course in what i was trying to do.
What program are you using to generate the DXF file or create the profile? I ask because it's 3D
and had to do a couple of conversions to get it to 2d and imperial units.
Rich

Offline spnar

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2008, 08:51:45 AM »
Hi Rich

Am using AUTOCAD LT2000.
Should have some time to do some machining next week i will post results.
I have been checking the code generated for the last profile i posted and it needs some
cleaning up.

Spnar

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2008, 07:03:07 AM »
spnar,
Added another another section to the manual for lazycam tabs. Can be found in the Members Docs thread. May want to brouse thru it.
RICH