Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 09:23:45 AM

Author Topic: Lazy Cam pain  (Read 31870 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Cam pain
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 08:25:01 AM »
SPNAR,
Try this. Create a very simple profile. Make sure it works for say a "point tool".
 Now try it it based on the tool settings you have input. Change the simple / single profile to see where or if it will cut.
Results should vary, but you never know.

A different approach would be to fool with the margin parameter to get a flavor of how the tool relates to the profile.

When you meet you level of having fun, and if it dosen't work, go do it a different way.
RICH

Offline spnar

•  53 53
  • Little workshop on a little island
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 01:37:48 PM »
Hi Rich

Will do and will keep you posted. At the moment we have the Air show and
these are the only two days of the year the workshop is CLOSED.
Should be back in the den by Monday or maybe Sunday evening.
Take care

Spnar ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »
Hi All,
 Here is a little tutorial which may shed some light on the back angle tool setting.

RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 04:16:14 PM »
Ok, Rich, what version are you using, please?

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 04:37:56 PM »
Using 3.00.2 and here the link on the conversion gcode back to a DXF file.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,7547.msg48027.html#msg48027

RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 04:38:40 PM »
Rich:

Very nice..

We owe you one. ( or two..)

Art

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 04:46:13 PM »
Rich,

Using the same version but for the life of me, I can't save any tools. They just keep going back to un-named. Also, when I generate the toolpath using your numbers, how did you "delete" the Iand J words/lines? When I delete them, my toolpath looks nothing like yours in Mach 3.

I think I'm truly biting off more than I can chew and I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a decent Lathe CAM software if I want to be able to make a decent part without yanking my hair out.

Thanks as always Rich-  ;)
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 05:05:21 PM »
I'm with you Dave. :P
I cannot duplicate what RICH is getting either.

I think RICH and ART are in this together.... ::) (they have secret editions with Little Orphan Annie decoder rings or something  ;))
They're probably sitting back and laughing their a**es off at us. :D
Just kidding of course.......but it's not that much FUN anymore. :-\

Thanks,
RC 8)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 05:23:32 PM »
dave,
I will redo the manual so that there are pages one of these days. Its figure 3 of lazycam lathe- turning tools and parameters.

use the pulldown for tool number and select one, put your values in, give it a name ie; #1- dave, click save, and if your going to use it click select.

editing,
You need to post code to mach, you edit the code in MACH, not lazycam, or with an editor like notepad outside of mach.
Run it in mach first, make note of which lines are causing the circles ( try reverse toolpaths in config ) also for the diagonals just put the z or x rapid on a separte line. i usauly start off by naming the file 1dave, 2 dave etc. so i can always
go back.
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »
The problem guys is that when i get something that dosn't work, i hack at it so fast that don't remember what the heck
was done. You will find that it is the " real simple profiles" that are a challenge ie; clean, optimize, go into project, play around till you get get one chain, curse it. I think i have worn out the Oops button! If you put say a groove in the profile you'll have a hard time trying to get it to work ( and that is also the case when playing around with Dolphin).
But that program isn't beta and you have options to deal with it @$1400. Now if you use the grooving tool it will create toolpaths but sometiimes internal instead of external.  The tools were not finished, you would have to have some more tool definition. Now you can break up the profile and do it piece meal ( haven't tried much of that).

As far as laughing, HMM....... The Spider is Hungry Again! ;D I like to think of using lazcam as  the old PC game Frogger. Unfortunately keep getting run over by the truck!  ;)

Just think what Art went thru piecing it together with undocumented code.
He must be crazier than I am. ::)
RICH