Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:42:28 PM

Author Topic: Lazy Cam pain  (Read 31809 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Cam pain
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2008, 04:07:22 PM »
Ok this ones for another day.
Using the vertical line on the left side of the profile you can progressively provide toolpaths for different sections
of the profile since the line defines the end of cutting. There may be other ways to do this. Remember that
Lazycam was just meant to provide a DXF conversion of the PROFILE and generate the code not necessarily
replacing a CAM program.
RICH
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:10:36 PM by RICH »

Offline spnar

•  53 53
  • Little workshop on a little island
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2008, 07:38:41 AM »
Hi Rich

Will look into these and get back.

Spnar.

Offline spnar

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2008, 08:21:05 AM »
Hi Rich

This is what i am getting with 4rev curves A8.

Spnar

Offline spnar

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2008, 08:52:42 AM »
ok it takes me a long time to get there.
I had the max penetration for tool too short.
Now it looks like this.
With my mistakes and your advice and solutions i think we will end up with
a decent manual. :P

Spnar

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2008, 08:57:17 AM »
Spnar,
So if you wanted to completely cut the profile you would need to change the penetration.
By changing that setting you have some control over extent of toothpaths. You can now post code to file at this point,
 and if .....not sure of this, ... if you go back and do additional rough and finish cuts creating profiles i think it adds to to the original
toolpaths. Just don't remember what i did to get the additional postings of toolpaths. I need to play with it.

At work got to go, 9:am here
RICH

Offline spnar

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2008, 10:41:03 AM »
Hi Rich

Just knoked off from work here but have a mountain of work to do at home.
Its a to do list by the missus and that can only be postponed to a certain extent.
Then i start getting penalty points.
From your last post;
"if you go back and do additional rough and finish cuts creating profiles i think it adds to to the original
toolpaths."  when you get some time would you elaborate on this.

Thanks

Spnar

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2008, 07:56:04 PM »
Spnar
Forget about the additonal cuts. Senior moment. :)
Just going to keep it simple and hack at that part no more. Your more than welcome to hack away. ;D
 DXF in, clean convert, roughing and a finish pass based on parameters and tool settinigs, post code.
Life is Good
 :)Rich

Offline spnar

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2008, 01:28:51 AM »
I think i have enough material to try out some parts.
Be sure you will hear from me later on
Thanks for the help

Spnar ;)

Offline Vicke

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2008, 04:50:20 PM »
Hallo boys, well I don´t now how many we are how have cnc lathe. But I was buying my Mach3 only to make one thing. Drive my lathe.
maybe 90% have a mill but we other 10% how is lathe drivers even we hade pay to play.
Right or wrong?

Vicke

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2008, 10:21:14 PM »
Hi Vicke,
We have much in common as I also came to Mach for use as a controlling program for running a Lathe at a hobby level. Mach Turn dose a nice job of doing it. I tried the latest developement version of Mach along with the SS plug tonight and all I need is to have the backlash compensation done and a "winning" combination is in place. I think that will be in the near future.

I wish more people like yourself would jump in as there got to be more than just a handfull out there.

You underestimate the trend on CNC lathe users as you will not be a minority in the near future. The CNC lathe with software is here. But the software available for the hobbiest is few and far between in both price and functionality.

Will you pay? Sure, just like the milling, but at least you already have a controller along with functional wizards which provides almost instant capability. They didn't even exist just a short time ago. Now if you want to progress,
namely turning profiles,  then Lazycam will do it within limits. You want to get fancier, just pay! But then if Lazyturn
becomes a reality, you just may have something that you won't find anywhere else for the price.
So you realy didn't have to pay to play on the lathe. Just needed a fork and knife to be able to eat.
You can always learn to program the lathe code, but for me, that would be like eating with my fingers!
RIGHT OR WRONG?
 ;)RICH