Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:24:29 AM

Author Topic: Lazy Cam pain  (Read 31635 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Cam pain
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »
spnar,
in drawinga4, extend the stock definition line up .010" above the profile, it will generate cuts,
then modify and try the following.

on your horizontal line to the last curve make / include( trim in autocad) a small radius joining them, i use .002" to .004" even for point tool with a radius in settings of .001"

if the radiuis is smaller than the tool radius you can't cut it and you may not get a profile finish cut

(sorry for the small text but when this laptop heats up some of the keys get a tempermental )
rich
 now i 'll look at a7

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2008, 01:26:00 PM »
spnar,
just like RC said,  the two curves are not connected, also extend the stcok definition line,notice that when you try to clean and convert you get two  dashed lines with a gap which may be indicative of something not connected and of course it dosn't clean and convert.

yes, you can use the tolerance setting, but I CHECK EACH START AND END POINT ( PROPERTIES IN ACAD) TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE CONNECTED  that just eliminates a problem

comment: i havn't the foggiest idea what some other cad or paint programs may produce in terms of accuracy; ie we are dealing in 4 or 6 decimal places and some program may be in pixels....... or whatever
rich

on to A8

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2008, 01:55:33 PM »
spnar,
same stuff as the others, i trimmed each line so they were joined, also moved the profile to x&y=0

if you draw the profile anywhere and then go to move some point to the origin xyz=0 i always use
specify the point.

it cleaned and converted
rich

Offline spnar

•  53 53
  • Little workshop on a little island
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2008, 01:58:23 PM »
Rich

I am working in metric . Guess the same principles apply
just tought i should let you know.

Spnar

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2008, 02:02:33 PM »
Thanks Rich,

I truly appreciate your help but I'm obviously going to need to be hand held through this crap if I'm ever going to get it and that's just not feasable.

I think I'm giving up here and I think I'll play more with the wizards for now-

As always, thank you, sir-  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2008, 02:14:02 PM »
Dave,
maybe you need a trip down the road to delaware
RICH

Offline spnar

•  53 53
  • Little workshop on a little island
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
Ok Rich i am getting somewhere

Drawing A4 too your advice with radius and extended stock def line and it still did not work.
Then i had a look at Loading options and found Optimise drawing ticked off and switched this on
and also Automatically add inside and outside lead ins ticked off and switched this on.(I do not Know what this refers to)
Presto it worked

I will try the others and let you know.

I am sure we will not meet in the after life because you are going to heaven  ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »
Spnar,
One common factor in the drawings that did not work is that they have a reverse curve.
If it's a curve (part of circle) followed by straight line it seems to be ok.

Just for kicks here is a file which you can play with and has reverse curves in it.
Yes, it sure does make a difference if we are working in different systems.
Just wasn't paying attention.  ???
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2008, 03:19:01 PM »
Spnar,
Good catch,   as there is nothing about the setup in the manual.       I also keep the "As Drawn" checked
but even though i have the "remove duplicate lines " checked it didn't remove them.
So make sure you scan the drawing for duplicates. This is very easy to do and not see should you do a trim and then another larger one and it leaves this little arc there. Same goes for say a small line. Lazycam may pick it up for you as I think it drew a circle but wouldn't clean and convert.

I don't know about the heaven bit, tried to enter and they said i needed additional repentance, then sent me back to
Earth to learn Lazycam! ;D
RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2008, 03:40:15 PM »
Dave,
maybe you need a trip down the road to delaware
RICH

Thank you Rich, but as a wise man has once said, a man's got to know his limitations....  ;)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)