Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:56:10 AM

Author Topic: Extra Spindles Plug in........  (Read 30587 times)

Re: Extra Spindles Plug in........
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 10:57:03 AM »
OK Scott..I'll try a re-install.
I checked every tab i could find again, including all in ADVANCED and there is nothing about a 2nd monitor.

It's onboard graphics...no card.

8 other xml's work normally, I'll fiddle with it a bit.

Thanks,
RC
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 12:03:43 PM »
Scott,
   I put 802 and 3 macros in the std. turn profile and the VB window works as it should.
I'll ask someone else to try your xml and see what they get.

chop chop,
rc

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 12:18:32 PM »
or just ad the screen, plugin, and Macros to a Lathe profile you know is working

scott
fun times
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »
Hi Scott,
That is exactly what I did....good thought.
  Also, Brett checked it for me and could see the window far off to the right on a big monitor. He then drug it back to the center...all is well now.
It was totally off of my small screen.
Anyway...back to business.
Everything else is working well so far. (sim)

Cool,
RC

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 09:16:26 AM »
I added a NEW 3 Spindle installer, it has the new screen set (that turns off the S2/3 Spindle CW/CCW Leds), fixes a label, Also the xml is fixed where the VB scripter window appears over the screen (had to drag it back from my second screen.......... ). it is up in the "Edited" first post where the original download was, version 1.1.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 12:48:14 AM »
"So bascially you can control upto 3 Analog driven Spindle motors.  The Second and Third cannot Thread"

Can someone please define "Thread" for me in this context.  I hope it doesn't mean what I think it does.  Thanks.

Mike   ???

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 06:30:27 PM »
? what is to define, the 2cd and 3rd cannot Thread (like on a lathe) only spindle 1 in mach is hooked into the threading algorithm

The 2cd and 3rd, where for:
on lathes: if you want to run a "Live Tool" in your ATC, and if you want to run a Drop spindle to machine the other end of the piece (that does not need threading),  OR, if you want to run a Router or other machine that you would like independant analog spindle speed control on.

scott
fun times
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 09:58:37 PM »
Sorry I bothered you.  I was wondering if it all meant that you couldn't operate the Z axis on Nos. 2 and 3.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 04:49:43 PM »
your not bothering me, and sorry if I came across as a Rear-end, but, the analog ONLY controls the spindle motors, the Z axis is up to you.......

scott
fun times
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 06:10:18 PM »
OK, I understand.  Thanks for your reply.  I think I read Mach3 allows control of several relays.  Do you think it's feasable to switch control of Z axis via these relays?  Or are there better ways of selecting them?  I guess what I really need for now is to know whether or not I have a convenient way to get use out of 3 spindles using Mach3, similar to the way the CaMaster Cobra does.  Or would that not be in the cards?  Thanks.