Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:03:58 PM

Author Topic: Need Help , Have Questions  (Read 15709 times)

Re: Need Help , Have Questions
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 07:23:41 PM »
That time it went 3/4 " . Does any of the other settings in their need to be changed .

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 07:28:21 PM »
Not at the moment, you want to get your steps per unit done first then you can start tuning the motors to get the best performance without losing steps.
 That is strange that it only moved 3 times when the steps per unit were increased by 4 times., maybe the motors lost steps. What to do is keep it at 16,000 but instead of a G0 do a G1X1F20 and see how far it moves this time.
Hood
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 07:43:34 PM »
Sorry I had alreaty changed it to 18000 and it went 1" . Now , this went 1" as slow as it could go .

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 07:58:03 PM »
Well if 18,000 works then there is something wrong in the figures you supplied, motor 200 steps per turn x 20 turns of screw to move 1 inch = 4,000, now  figure in the microstepping and for 18,000 that would be 1/4.5 microstepping, you don't get that ;)
 Anyway if 18,000 is working then stick with it for now, next thing to do is go back to the motor tuning and start messing with the Velocity and acceleration settings, best to lower the accel near the start and increase your velocity a step at a time then use your keyboards up/down arrow keys to jog back and forth. When your motors start squealing (missing steps) turn the velocity down a bit until they are again OK. Next start increasing the Accel and repeat. Find the sweet spot for your setup for Vel and Accel and yu are done, save and move to the next axis.
Hood
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 08:15:32 PM »
Thanks Hood - if we ever hookup in the futer , its Red Lobster - all you can eat .

I do aperasate all you have done and all the time you spent helping my and everyone that will read this .

"Thank You Very Much"

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2008, 08:18:38 PM »
No problem, but think I will give the lobsters a miss, spent too many years catching them LOL
Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2008, 09:23:46 PM »
This is why we call him "St. Hood" around here..........ok, we really don't but we're thinkgin it, for sure!   ;) :D

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 02:15:27 AM »
Think you missed out the "hi" between the first bit ;)

Hood
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2008, 11:12:13 AM »
Hood = So I turend back to 16,000 . Where would be a good place to start with the other 2 settings ? Do you have an idea where to start setting the Velocity and acceleration ?

Well if 18,000 works then there is something wrong in the figures you supplied, motor 200 steps per turn x 20 turns of screw to move 1 inch = 4,000, now figure in the microstepping and for 18,000 that would be 1/4.5 microstepping, you don't get that ;)
 Anyway if 18,000 is working then stick with it for now, next thing to do is go back to the motor tuning and start messing with the Velocity and acceleration settings, best to lower the accel near the start and increase your velocity a step at a time then use your keyboards up/down arrow keys to jog back and forth. When your motors start squealing (missing steps) turn the velocity down a bit until they are again OK. Next start increasing the Accel and repeat. Find the sweet spot for your setup for Vel and Accel and yu are done, save and move to the next axis.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2008, 01:43:56 PM »
Each system is different, it all depends on motors, drives, weight of axis, pitch of ballscrew, geariing etc and unless someone has an identical machine in every way they cant tell you. Best thing I have found to do is set the acell low and start increasing the Vel testing all the time by using the Up/Down arrow keys. When it starts to miss steps (motor squealing) back off a bit. Then start increasing the Acell until the same happens and back off. You may find it is better for you to have a lower Velocity and have the Acell increased, all depends on your individual machine so its trial and error I am afraid.
Hood