Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:07:30 AM

Author Topic: Digitizing info desperatly needed for probes and cameras!!  (Read 3448 times)

Digitizing info desperatly needed for probes and cameras!!
« on: August 19, 2008, 12:30:52 AM »
I would like to learn a Little about digitizing (perferably, but not limited too Mach 3).  I reverse engineer and often duplicate many  componets and digitizing with a probe would be a huge help, but I am unfamiliar with digitzing and extremely busy to research everything needed digitize.  If anyone could answer any of the following questions or have additional info they would like to share, it will be greatly appreciated.

1. Can the points from the point cloud be used to create CAD drawings(dxf, dxg ect.)?
2. How does one set up and configure Mach3 for the probe (ex. parallel port pin settings, modbus etc.?)?
3. Do I need any additional componets to interface the probe with the computer?
4. What kind of programs and software will I have to become familiar with, in order to digitize properly?
5.  What kind of path does the probe travel to obtain the points?
6. Is there any "how to"  literature, tutorials, forums or web sights with info on digitizing?
7. Is digitizing accurate?
8. Where can I purchase a digital probe?
9. Please feel free to share any addtional  info you have re guarding digitizing not mentioned in the questions above.

I'm also interested in how I could use cameras to scan objects to assist with reverse engineering. (I've seen threads of people using web cams and lasers, leading  me to believe that this is possible).  Any info to the questions above that can be applied to using cameras would be very helpful.

Please, don't be shy, post as much info as you can re guarding digitizing using probes and cameras,.

Thank you,

George
Re: Digitizing info desperatly needed for probes and cameras!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 12:40:45 AM »
Hi,
  Likewise I want to reverse engineer and digitally probe some small items....matchbox size.

Does anyone know of a ready made touch probe thats reasonably priced and can interface with Mach3 ...

Larry

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:48:06 AM »
Have a look in this thread. Think it is what your looking for.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,5004.0.html

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 03:57:29 AM »
Thanks for that. Its exactly what I was looking for.

Larry