Hello Guest it is August 20, 2019, 03:21:11 PM

Author Topic: touch probe/tool height setting probe  (Read 125800 times)

Offline zarzul

•  317 317
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
touch probe/tool height setting probe
« on: November 29, 2007, 12:33:34 PM »
This posting needed updating.  I have updated the pictures to show the design change from original.  The probe comes with a spare plastic contactor (incase you crash it), also a Swarf guard (see picture at end of postings), and a tool height setting pad (replaces the tip so it can be used as a tool touch off pad).

The first file below is a PDF brochure that describes the operation, hookup and calibration.

MODIFIED: 3/6/2011 DELETED REFERENCE  TO A SITE

6/24/08 - I am making other arbor sizes,  1/4"  5/16" (close to 8mm for the metric folks) and the standard 3/8".  I can also do custom sizes for a small fee.

6/24/08 - updated info,  the PDF brochure is the first download below, it has more info.

11/20/09 - updated info on ordering.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:49:27 PM by RICH »

Offline zarzul

•  317 317
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
Re: touch probe for under $100
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 10:42:02 AM »
Smutboy420,

You were listed as a guest so I could not answer your personal message directly.  I do have two left,  if these sell before you get your order in I will be making more after the holidays.
You can contact me directly aminear@wyomingwireless.com.

Thanks for your interest

Arnie

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,570 5,570
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: touch probe for under $100
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 10:49:57 AM »
Arnie, I must have missed this one. I don't know how, but obviously, I did. It looks great and a great price. Have you tested these with thousands of touches? You should have bumped this post a while back.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline zarzul

•  317 317
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
Re: touch probe/tool heigth setting probe for under $100
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
Brett,

Thanks for the reply,  I have been testing these and they work great.  I have more details in the SHOW & TELL forum under what you have made.

I also just added another tip to enable users to use this as a tool heigth setting probe.  I am working on a silicon rubber skirt to make it swarf proof when used in this mode and I will post another picture of it when I get it finished.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,570 5,570
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 08:46:05 AM »
As soon as the Holiday rush is over, I have to get one of these and play a little. Is it normally open or normally closed contacts?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Bloy

•  159 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 09:17:33 PM »
if I am correct (from watching Zarzul develop this beautiful device over the web), I believe it is designed with NC contacts. ....on threepoints (6 if considering each ball as a potential circuit breaker point).

I'm interested in this too,  'but 'am light right now without that exta weight in the back pocket after doing, making, and buying the ingredients, materials, and general supplies for everyone else around here... Idon't know HOW mny times I was sent to get more butter...or two cups of sour cream....or the young onions with tall greens.....or that box of grahams for the cheese cake(Mmm...)....If I didn't get out the door the list would suddenly begin to grow and could total nearing $50.  That is...if I questioned further as to what was needed, such as the type of onions....It's a definate endeavor trying to keep focussed so that my Computers continue to Numerically Contorl my input.......
That and everything else that is goin' on around here!  :)

happy hollidays! ...to everyone!

john bloy

Arnie... I'll try to secure future funds for one of your creations even if they are not on sale then in that time!  ;)  Nice probe!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 10:08:53 PM by Bloy »

Offline zarzul

•  317 317
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 09:44:16 AM »
John,

The holidays were good to me, too good, gained a couple of pounds . 

Yes, that is right the contacts are NC, I think that is the only way to do it with this circuit.  It lends itself to easily installing the indicating LED, once the contacts open the sensing voltage is felt across the LED & current limiting resistor, causing it to light up.

Arnie
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 11:31:46 AM »
If there are any still available, do you take PayPal?

Mike

Offline zarzul

•  317 317
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 12:58:30 PM »
Mike,

Yes I still have some and I do take paypal.  I am also starting another batch of these today, they seem to be very popular, especially at this price.  Just email me your shipping address and I will get the shipping cost and email you back with the total.
My email is aminear@wyomingwireless.com.

Arnie
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 02:17:23 PM »
Thanks - email sent to you.

Mike