Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:26:06 PM

Author Topic: PoKeys Plug-in  (Read 44108 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: PoKeys Plug-in
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 05:45:29 PM »
I am sure Art said he was running both together with no issues. I will try and remember to bring a SS home tomorrow night and do some testing.
Hood
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 03:04:09 AM »
Hi Hood and thanks

I have looked at the manual seems to be a great product.

Sorry to be nosey but can you tell me why/what reason you need analogue in the plugin ?

Phil_H
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 03:18:03 AM »
If there are analogue inputs you can then wire up a few potentiometers and have real  FRO and Spindle over rides etc With Pots you can wind down to minimum feed or up to max feed in a split second, you can fine tune the feed or spindle or whatever.
Hood
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2008, 07:01:21 AM »
Thanks Hood

I also need analogue if you are reading this Art  ;D

Phil_H

The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2008, 07:56:12 AM »
Does this board only run whit emulated keys?
i tried a input pin -port10 pin1- to for example Z home, when i connect this pin to GND nothing hapens the Z home led does not lid and the window Pokeys data diagnostics don't reflect any change.
if i configure this input in the pokeys board as emulated key then work ok.

Josep

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2008, 08:07:44 AM »
No it works like any other digital Input or output would work such as the parallel port.
 How were you setting up the  Input? To have an external button work a function such as Z Home you would either need to use an OEM trigger and then set the OEM trigger up to the OEM code for thast button or you could use a general purpose Input and use a brain to operate the button when it sees the input coming active.
 To use an output on the Pokey you need toi asign it in the Pokey software first as an output and then save it to the device. You can then use it as an output similar to above for inputs.
Hood
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2008, 11:30:41 AM »
Sorry but i need a Little help more.
how i assign the Oem trigger to any input of the pokey board.? or
how i assign the "general purpose" input in brain tho the pokey board.? in brain inputs i don`t see any reference tho this board !!!
Josep
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:43:30 AM by gifre70 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2008, 01:31:06 PM »
Instead of setting an input to Port 10 pin 1 set up an OEM trigger for these pins, then go to the config menu and down to System Hotkeys. When that window opens enter the OEM code for the button you want to operate in the box for the OEM Trigger you have the pokeys set to.
 The OEM code for the Z Ref button is 1024
You can do similar in a brain, it would look like this in the Brain.
Hood
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 05:05:15 PM »
I have a problem !!!
I tried the two ways you explain me but my board only run in keyboard emulation. port #10 pin 1 don`t work in any way
I use the plugin downloaded from pokeys page and  Mach3 V3.041.     Hood do you see activity in Pokeys data diagnostics mach3 window??

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2008, 05:39:36 PM »
Did you install the Pokeys software? Did you open their software and did it ask to upgrade the firmware? You need to open the software and upgrade the firmware and then save to the device, it will then be set to device zero and unless you need to reasign pins in the pokeys as outputs you wont have to go back into the pokeys software. If however you dont do that then Mach will not be able to see the Pokeys as it has not been configured.
Hood