Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:04:14 PM

Author Topic: PoKeys Plug-in  (Read 44060 times)

Re: PoKeys Plug-in
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 02:06:11 PM »
can we control axes motors using this?
is it like smooth stepper(not with 2 ports) thru which one can control the whole machine.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
No, the timings are too slow for an axis. At the moment it is strictly digital inputs and outputs for controlling Non timing critical operations, hopefully soon the analogue inputs will be added to the plugin, this will allow FRO and SRO pots to be used. Also in the pipeline are encoder inputs which should allow a MPG to be used.
Hood

Offline eds

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 08:03:11 AM »
Hi everybody ; My emulator just arived in shanghai customs and should recieve tomorrow , Im hoping to put 3 mpgs on, one for each axis on mach3 retrofit mill with 5m by 2m table with 22kw spindle . Would it help If I use encoder counter interface LFLS7183 if its a input line timing conflict ,and use one line for count up and one for count down on each mpg .  what is the minimum pulse width for input capture?

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 04:37:19 PM »
Hi!

Incremental encoder and macro support software/firmware is just released. All PoKeys users can download it for free from: www.poscope.com
It is renamed to PoKeys55.
Minimum pulse is 32ms.

regards

Boris Zalokar
PoLabs
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 05:48:20 PM »
Borisz
 I have tried 4 times to update the firmware it goes through the first two stages fine but then on the third part it stops at 70 seconds left and then comes up with "Communication Error Occured (113)"
 Any ideas?

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 06:16:07 PM »
OK 6th time lucky, 5th got to 2 seconds and I thought it was going to happen again but it completed the 6th time :)

Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 07:22:25 PM »
Yep, even the first installation of the previous version it took me 5 or 6 times to install it correctly. Possibly the installer package is not functioning properly? I haven't installed this update yet but will soon.

Thanks as always, Boris!  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 07:25:25 PM »
I have the MPG working throughthe PoKey55, will have to wait for Art to do the Plugin to get it into Mach. If I wind really fas then some pulses are missed but dont really think that would be a problem as I certainly dont count clciks as I wind the MPG along.
Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 07:41:24 PM »
Do I smell a tutorial from Mr. Hood in the near future?

I'm sure a lot of us would love to know how to, and what we need to set up an MPG?  ;)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 07:49:47 PM »
Just connect the A and B channels of your MPG (encoder) to 2 pins on Pokey, select one of the pins in the Pokey panel and choose digital Input then select encoder and A, do the same for the next pin but select B. Get your power source hooked to the encoder and tie the 0v line of this to the Pokey grnd pin and thats it. You can watch the pulses count up and down as you turn one way then the other in the Pokey tool then encoder. Gets real exciting watching the numbers count up and down ;D

Hood