Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:17:59 AM

Author Topic: SURFACE WIZARD  (Read 12187 times)

SURFACE WIZARD
« on: June 03, 2006, 01:35:42 PM »
I'm trying to use the Surface with tool down in x Wizard and not having much luck.

I'd like to rough cut to a certain z height and then slow feed rate down for finish cut last .002.

Is there info somewere on this wizard?

Re: SURFACE WIZARD
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 04:09:55 PM »
Hey Joe,

I've used that wizard and I like it but, I too have questions about doing some of the advanced things (like changing rate).  Due to my inexperience with the whole CNC process, I usually just try different workarounds to solve my problems.

So... long story short, My workaround for the same problem you are having is, I used the wizard to generate the basic code and have it kick that back to Mach 3.  Then I would used the Edit G-Code button to go in and add the Feed Rate changes that I wanted at the appropriate line.  It's pretty easy to do it that way.  Perhaps not the most elegant solution, but nobody has ever accused me of being a stylst  ;)

Good Luck!

Sid
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 07:09:08 PM »
The wizard that I have here has WAY less stuff on it... But it looks like you can change the rough and finish feed rates.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 09:31:47 PM »
BRIAN!  Dude!  Are you "holdin' out" on us?   :o  Now that you've let the cat outta the bag you HAVE to give up the goods!  Howbout a file download for all your "buds"?  8)

;)

Sid

P.S.  What else ya got there in that 'bag 'o trix'?????

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 10:09:48 PM »
I think you guys are holding out on me :) you have a better wizard than I have... I did the base code of that wizard a few years ago and have not worked on it in about 1.5 years :(

If you guys find a problem and post the wizards set file I will fix it  ;D

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 03:55:58 AM »
Brian the finish feed doesnt seem to work, whatever is put in the rough feed is what you get even if you specify a finish feedrate. Below is the .set
Hood
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/hoodsmachiningpages/SurfaceX.set
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 09:21:43 AM »
This should work a bit better :)

www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 11:49:17 AM »
Yes, works perfectly now, THANKS!!!!

Hood
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 07:44:07 PM »
Thanks for all your responses guys. Still not getting the results I,m looking for.
See screen shot.

Hood

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 07:56:47 PM »
You set the depth to what you want to go down and to the left of that you will see the step depth, you set that to what each step is to be. The final cut depth is what you want your final pass depth to be. As an example if you want a total depth of 1 inch and set it to step in 0.250  it will repeat 4 times each time stepping down 0.250inch. If you set the final cut depth to 0.010 you will get three steps of 0.250, one of 0.240 and a final one of 0.010.
Hood