Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:16:39 PM

Author Topic: New SDK plugin development forum.  (Read 14264 times)

ynneb

New SDK plugin development forum.
« on: May 29, 2006, 08:41:56 PM »
This section has been created in the interest of trying to keep all Plugin related questions and comments in the one place.
Over time it will become a good resource for all.

You will be able to upload and download developement files into these threads, as well as insert code examples using the # button above.
It may take a small habit change in order to remember to use this section, but It will help everyone in the long term.

Here is a temporary page for downloading Plugins from  http://www.machsupport.com/intro.htm
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 08:53:38 PM by ynneb »
Re: New SDK plugin development forum.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 09:52:24 PM »
O Boy this one is going to be fun to support :)  Hope there are a few  Cprogramers out looking for some fun ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 10:46:14 PM »
Hi Guys:

Post any specific questions here and Ill keep tabs on this thread for getting back to you. Also keep track of the customising Wiki, Ill be posting explainations of each of the main block variables , I just added the Engine variables tonight.
We'll be adding as much as possibel tot he PlugIn sections of the code to allow for more power. The first big project is to add the G100 as a PlugIn, undoubtedly more functions will be added to support the complex interface required by a G100, so by the time the G100 is switched to a Mach plugiin, th eplugin facility will have enough power to hook pretty much anything in.

Regards,
Art
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 07:07:01 AM »
Apologies that the wiki is rather crude in its formatting rules.

I have been able to make Art's excellent info. on structures and variables a bit easier to follow by some editing. If you had problems please re-visit it at:

http://www.machsupport.com/MachCustomizeWiki/index.php?title=SDK_Variables

If anyone wants to post their own code the "rules" that work are:

(a) One or more spaces (not tab) at start of a line gives a TeleType font in a box.
(b) Avoid blank lines (i.e. new paragraphs in wiki markup) inside a collection of lines (e.g. a struct) as these will start a new box.

If you dummy edit the page linked above this should make sense!

On a different tack I am hoping that by setting up Notifications in my Profile I can keep track of any postings in this thread. It really is too easy reading Yahoo! with PGOffline ;=)

John Prentice

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:29:57 AM »
Hi John:

So sorry to make you jump the hoops. :) , I added that last last night and figured Id edit it later for formatting. I have more to add very shortly on the other two classes..

Art
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 07:39:08 AM »
Art

No problem - happy to do the easy bits.

John Prentice

And the e-mail Notification system does work - although the info. on my Profile screen seems unreliable

Offline CncBr

•  36 36
    • View Profile
    • CNCBR
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 11:02:54 PM »
HI ART,   
I am making a Auto install and uninstall for the pluins of the mach3. You have Some special placement for this installation Program.

Thanks
Junior
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 11:04:59 PM by CncBr »
Junior

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 11:16:51 PM »
Hi Junior:

My thought was to make a system OCX that recognises a particular extension, if I were to name all plugins as *.M3P , then a system OCX could be registered to move any *.M3P file that is double clicked to the C:\Mach3\PlugIns folder. That way a PlugIn could just be download anywhere ont he desktop for example, and double clicking it woudl send it to its home. That may not work though as soem plugins may need support files.. Im not sure how to handle that yet. I think the G100 Plugin will teach me what I need to know about what we need.
 However, it will take me a couple weeks to make one up, so Id be happy to have one to do us for awhile. The Mach3 folder itself is probably a good place for it.

Thanks
Art

Offline CncBr

•  36 36
    • View Profile
    • CNCBR
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 11:52:13 PM »
HI ART,   
I am with an idea of Doing a program, to read a file XML with the installation information: 

Example: 
<MACH PLUGIN> 
<PuginName>MyPlugin </PuginName>
<PluginAuthor>Art</PluginAuthor>
<PluginCompany>Artsoft</PluginCompany>
<PluginCompanyLogo>Bitmapfile</PluginCompanyLogo>
<PluginIMGLogo>Bitmapfile</PluginIMGLogo> 
<PuginFile>******************x.********* </Pluginfile> 
<PuginEntryProfile>Input of Registro Mach Profile</PuginEntryProfile> 
</MACH PLUGIN>

It would be very simple Any developer to edit the file for a new plugin.

Thanks
Junior
Junior

ynneb

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 01:52:50 AM »
Junior, upload the program to this forum and I will make sure it will be put in a place where others will know about it and see it.