Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:07:28 PM

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP E STOP ISSUES!  (Read 5521 times)

PLEASE HELP E STOP ISSUES!
« on: July 10, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »
Recently my ASUS motherboard decided to start acting up and I had to replace the motherboard with a new one. The system would just restart at any point. I setup the new system on a new Harddrive because the old motherboard is still on warrenty and will be replaced so I didn't want to format the old drive. Anyhow I reinstalled the latest version of Mach on the new drive. I am using the C11 multifunction breakout board from CNC4PC. The guy who did the retrofit for me, said if ever I had to replace the computer, all I had to do was Copy the mach3mill.XML file and all my parameters would remain the same. He's on vacation right now so I can't ask him. After overwriting the stock XML file, the parameters that I remembered are still there even my last fixture ofset is correct. The Problem is I can't get it off ESTOP. It says external ESTOP requested. There is a check mark on the active low input and I tried to toggle it but it still didn't make any difference. Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this issue?

Thanks
Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP E STOP ISSUES!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 04:55:08 PM »
Do you have an E-Stop button on the machine? If not then changing the active low state should work but another thing you can try is changing the Port for the E-Stop to zero. If you do have an E-Stop button then you may have the wrong pin asigned, you may even have the wrong Port address set, especially if your last computer had a PCI parallel port and this one is onboard.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 05:25:53 PM »
Hi I do have an Estop button and did try changing the active low but it did not help. I also did check the port address and it is correct. The new board is the same configuration as the previous board. Parallel port is onboard. I tried changing the Port for the E-Stop to zero and I can get it off estop. Still can't get the machine to move though. When you overwrite the mach3mill.XML to the old saved one is it not suppose to be a complete configuration, pins config and all?

Thanks!
Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 05:29:16 PM »
Sounds to me like the port address may be wrong, have a look in device manager at your parallel ports address and check that it is the same as you have entered into the Ports and Pins.
 If you want you can attach your xml and I will have a look and see if I can find any other issues. You will need to rename before you post it for the forum to accept, I suggest you rename a copy of the xml to dabooge.xml

Hood
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »
Hi Hood, the port address is the same as the setting in the ports and pins 0378. My setting in the device manager says 0378-037f and the IRQ 07 no conflicts. Here is a copy of my .XML

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 05:52:08 PM »
Only thing I see is that you have an input sharing pin 11 with the Y axis, dont think thats correct.
 Have a look at your limit switch state on the diagnostics page and see if they are showing as active.
Also notice you have two ports getting used, check you have the cables in the right ports, easy mistake to make especially if connecting in cramped conditions , guess how I know ;)

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 05:53:16 PM »
OK scrub that pin sharing issue, you are using Port 2 for the input so its not an issue, sorry

Hood
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 07:05:36 PM »
I have two ports but I have not connected the 2nd PCI parallel port yet. The 2nd port controls the VFD and MPG

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 07:14:56 PM »
Dont see any reason why it shouldnt work unless your port is not functioning correctly. As a test for that you could swap the port address's so that your PCI cards address is Port 1 and plug your cable into it.

Hood
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 10:39:33 AM »
He changed mother board ? I would first check the new output voltage of the port itself ! It may be putting out in the 3v range and must be in the 5v range. I ran into this and it was quite perplexing till it was pointed out to me !
CRUISER
  Don