Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:46:05 AM

Author Topic: No stepper motor movement?  (Read 9885 times)

No stepper motor movement?
« on: July 09, 2008, 02:58:46 PM »
Hi I am Karl I couldn’t find the interdiction forum sorry

I have been told to come here from a member on here, I have set Mach 3 up and don’t have any stepper motor movement, I watched the video tutorial first and got as much info as I think I needed but nothing has helped, this is my system:

P4 cpu
512mb ram
win xp pro

36 volts to the driver board
HobbyCNC EZ Driver board
3 Mema 23 stepper motors (link to more info http://www.techkits.com/#slosyn )
Mach 3

Thinks I have been told to test and have done and all correct

On the driver board the 5VDC is ok, and all the VDC points for the amps were set to .14v for 1.0amps each.

All the steppers lockup on power up and slowly get warm so they all have power

The port cable is fully correct and I tested each pin to see if the wires are direct.

I have done a driver check with mach 3 and also when installing the software I powered down my system when told to, also I checked that port one in mach 3 is the same as my port.

I set the pins up on mach 3 for the hobbycnc board for each axes and the E-stop switch (note I don’t have one on yet I am not that far, just trying to get the electric side sorted for the motors)

I just don’t know what else it could be or what it could be, does any one have any ideas? Maybe I have set something wrong?

Thanks for any help

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: No stepper motor movement?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 03:36:01 PM »
Please attach your xml, you will find it in the Mach3 folder. If you use the standard Mill profile it will be called Mach3Mill.xml but you will need to copy it to your desktop and rename it to attach to the forum. Suggest you call it madkad.xml

Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »
Please attach your xml, you will find it in the Mach3 folder. If you use the standard Mill profile it will be called Mach3Mill.xml but you will need to copy it to your desktop and rename it to attach to the forum. Suggest you call it madkad.xml

Hood

Hi thanks I think I have the right one attached

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 03:59:04 PM »
You dont have port 1 enabled. Enable on Ports and Pins main page and if thats not the problem shout back and I will look further.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 04:00:47 PM »
ok also you dont have any ports set for your step and direction pins.

Hood
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 04:07:03 PM »
I dont understand, when i go in the system for setting ports up I have it set for the port 1

then I have the pins for the X, Y, and Z set up for the step's and dir's

The only think I did set but turned back off what the X, Y and Z home pins as they were for some reson turning off the axes led's on the main screen

Is that what you meen all them settings?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 04:13:06 PM »
These are the bits you need to sort, put a tick in the box on the port 1 part and put 1 into the boxes in Motor setup page.

Hood

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
  • Take that you LazyCam, next stop the glue factory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 04:19:33 PM »
Karl,

What board are you using if it's the HobbyCNC Pro pin 2 is X dir and 3 is x step. I think the EZ board is reversed as you have it.
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 04:25:50 PM »
I will go and set the pins I know that they are not done looking at your pics now, but I have set the port nomber and have it ticked, is it showing I dont?

Kristin its EZ board I just set the step + dir pins to there instructions :)

brb lets go and see wish me luck

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
  • Take that you LazyCam, next stop the glue factory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 04:28:16 PM »
Don't forget to enter "1"'s  in the second photo where it's circled and hit apply.