Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:09:20 PM

Author Topic: Techno-ISEL Mac200 setup question  (Read 6878 times)

Offline Hodges

•  18 18
  • Freeing trees from silence
    • View Profile
    • Hodges Handcrafted Guitars
Techno-ISEL Mac200 setup question
« on: July 10, 2008, 05:54:40 PM »
I have just graduated from a very small home built CNC router to a Techno-ISEL Mac200 controller/ Router system.

My problems come with the pin setups for the controller and other settings to make Mach 2 or Mach3 work with it. By any chance is there someone on here that has one of these beasts that can help me get it up and running?

The documentation that I have from Techno-ISEL does not contain the right information I am looking for as far as the pin configuration betweent he computer and the controller. I'm sure this is a setup issue with Mach, but I have no clue where to get started.

Thanks,
Ken
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 06:36:51 PM by Hodges »
Hodges Handcrafted Guitars
http://www.hodgesguitars.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Techno-ISEL Mac200 setup question
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 06:05:01 PM »
I seem to remember a few posts a while back with Techno Isel machines, do a searrch with Techno or Isel in the search bar and you may come up with info. I am sure I remember one guy saying he had converted over and had the pinouts so might be worth sending him a private message to see if he can help. If you find the info please post it so that others can find it in the future.
 I will have a search myself and see if I can find any info to help.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
This is the post I was thinking about.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,3417.0.html

Hood

Offline Hodges

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 06:35:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but that didnt help. The controller he is suing is not the same controller I have. Mine already comes with the PC card, connecting to the printer port of the computer via printer cable.

I found another post on here about the techno controllers, and tried the *.xml files listed, but it didnt help either. when I tried to run that one, my z drive was humming and the "Limit switch tripped" error on Mach3 would not go away no matter how many times I clicked the button to acknowlege it.

Here is the controller I am trying to use:

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 06:51:23 PM »
Do you have any wiring info at all?  If not then you will have to open that box up and try and trace which pin goes to what.

Hood

Offline Hodges

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 07:47:36 PM »
ok lets try this again with a different question.

I have another stepper motor CNC router, and just for laughs and giggles I hooked the servo motors up to it and tried to run a patern. To my surprise, each motor at least hums when itis supposed to, but they dont move. What is the difference between a servo controller and a stepper motor controller and is there anything I can do to make this servo system work with this stepper motor controller?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »
Two entirely different things if you are talkng about the drives. Stepper drives dont get feedback because the motors just move in steps. Servo drives get feedback so that they know how fast and how far the motors have moved.
 If you are talking about Mach (the controller) then Mach doesnt care as its just putting out Step and Direction signals.
Hood