Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:56:05 AM

Author Topic: Combining various vbscript and gcode into a file versus a button  (Read 3369 times)

Offline vss

•  2 2
    • View Profile
I have a fairly long and busy set of vbscript programming behind two of my buttons.  I was wondering if there is a way to call or reference a file that contains that code versus pasting it all behind the button.  Anyone know how I would do this?  Also, I would like to hide the vbscript from someone using the screen designer to review my screen pages.  Is there a way to do this as well?

Thanks...
Re: Combining various vbscript and gcode into a file versus a button
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 03:22:36 PM »
You could put your VB code into an Mcode and call the Mcode from the button... IS that what you are looking for?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline vss

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:44:34 PM »
The M code sounds good.  Is there then a way to put all the code for the M command into one file that can be included with my installation?  Essentially one central place where all of this can be placed, and essentially hidden from the typical user.  I want to make it easy to use, and hard to screw up.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 10:32:20 PM »
You have to put the macro in the Mach3/macros/mach3Mill folder.. you can hide the Macro with windows

hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com