Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:31:42 AM

Author Topic: Limit Switch Problems  (Read 13561 times)

Limit Switch Problems
« on: June 22, 2008, 03:16:44 PM »
I've got the limit switches working in series, but if I engage one with my machine, how do I configure the software to move off the LS.  Soft limits or what.  Also how do I show my configuration page on the forum?

Inivator ???
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 03:13:09 PM by inivator »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Limit Switch Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
Hi, Inivator

On Settings page use, Auto Limit Over-Ride or Manual Limit Over-Ride (Reset Button) Jog off the limit.

Many are using Screen Hunter Free  http://www.wisdom-soft.com/sh/index.htm

Chip
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »
That worked, thanks Chip.

How do I set configurations for homing x,y,z, with this setup...? What is the proper G code commands for this?
Answer E-Mail address. r.morrison@ssss.com or inivator@aol.com.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 03:18:15 PM by inivator »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
That worked, thanks Chip.

How do I set configurations for homing x,y,z, with this setup...? What is the proper G code commands for this?
Answer E-Mail address. r.morrison@ssss.com/inivator@aol.com.

What are you wanting to do? What are you wanting the G Code for?

Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 03:13:20 PM »
Is there a proper G code line for homing x,y,z.  How do I configure softlimits, or do I need to.

Inivator

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 03:26:13 PM »
Referencing is done when you first start Mach and if you have had to press an E-Stop button or any other time that you could have lost steps, you Reference by pressing either the Ref All button or you can use the individual Referance buttons.
 Setting up softlimits is easy enough and is definitely a good thing to do, let me know where your home switches are in relation to your table movement and I will let you know how to do it.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 10:23:52 AM »
Home switches are in a - relation to table..  Also, where are the reference buttons?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 10:29:02 AM »
OK but what I am meaning is when you reference you machine where is the table in relation to your tool, for exaple is the tool at the lower left corner of the table and the Z axis fully up.

Reference buttons are on the main page (Ref All button) and the sperate axis Reference buttons are on the Diagnostics page.

Hood
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »
X is in the lower left hand corner, and Z is full up.........

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 10:44:28 AM »
OK then thats simple enough to set up as you dont have to bother about Home Off dimensions.
OK go into homing and limits and enter 0 in X and Y min bozes and also in Z Max box. Then for X and Y Max enter the axis travel and same for the Z min.
 You can then set up a slow zone so that the axis will start to slow down as it aproaches a limit switch allowing your motors to decellerate before they reach the limits.
An easy way to get your axis travel distance is home the machine and switch to viewing machine coordinates. You then jog each axis to the opposite end of its travel and read the DRO and that is your travel.
Hood