Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:35:06 PM

Author Topic: homing my rotational axis  (Read 20304 times)

Re: homing my rotational axis
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 07:59:55 AM »
Wow,
The work does not stop for the weekend on this website!
Thanks for all the comments guys...im excited over all the conversation on this topic.
I'm going to use my time today to try and set up the script scott has explained to see if we can do something about speeding up that a axis homing...

For those of you wanting to know a bit more about my situation...
At my work, we are designing a machine to apply a gasket to the outer edge of a baseplate...This gasket had been previously applied by hand with the operator complaining that it took more time to apply this gasket than to build the rest of the part!

We have the machine set up with a holder for the baseplate moving linear on the x axis and rotating on the a axis...
The gasket material is dispensed from a feeder on the b axis....
We have home positions on the x and a axis (ignoring the b axis)...
As of now...we have decided that all the g code must be programmed incrementally...in order to "trick the b axis" into continuously dispensing material without rollover------> This was a topic of discussion in another thread...(thanks brett for the solve)
My whole goal for proposing this new topic was to see if there was some sort of "shortest angular rotation" option one could use when homing....if discovering that this is not the case....

This basically leaves me with the task of speeding up the a axis homing through programming and setting changes....

As i said, i will take today to try and configure the setup to something that works for me....
I'll post my progress as it moves along...

I was definitely serious when i said this mach 3 forum has saved my job...as i probably would have gone the way of the gun toting postal worker had i not stumbled across this vault of information and problem solving minds!

I know the tutorial contains alot of helpful information about basic setup and operation...but i think the same could be acomplished in a single line---->"Please refer to machsupport.com"

Always learning,
Danny A  8)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 08:31:26 AM »
No problem Danny, lots of good people here to help. I think the code posted below will fix you up.  ;)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 05:35:45 PM »
Hi, Scott

Thanks for the code, Its just what I needed, A little structure to support my weak VB skills.

I'll let you now how it works out for me.

Your Help goes a long Way for All.

Thanks, Chip

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 08:58:03 PM »
Chip,

Thank you for the chops  ;D

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 09:50:08 AM »
the 2 post that were here from Hood, and Poppabear was removed, after discussion with Brett, since they dont apply to Mach.

Scott
fun times