Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:55:40 AM

Author Topic: Looking for a Mach2 or Mach 3 tutor in Calgary, Alberta, Canada  (Read 4865 times)

Offline MJR

•  35 35
    • View Profile
Just finished building a cnc router (3 axis, 40 inces X 60 inches). Used Logitrol Systems steppers & controllers. They recommend to use Mach2.  I would appreciate any comments, Mach2 vs Mach3.  Would like to know if there is any Mach users in the Calgary, Alberta, Canada area ? New to cnc world & would like to get up & running the right way (mostly to save the machine & parts from early distruction, but secondly, to save my sanity). Thanks all.

ynneb

Re: Looking for a Mach2 or Mach 3 tutor in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:40:09 AM »
I would start off using the video tutorials here first. http://www.machsupport.com/videos.htm
Then If you have problem ask specific questions along the way.

Offline MJR

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 08:46:58 AM »
Thanks.
Since the tutorials are for Mach3, then I assume you think that Mach3 would be the way to go ?
Will my motor tunings be the same from Mach2 to Mach3, because I have spent some time doing this.  If they are the same then I should be able to just write down the numbers and retype them into Mach3.
Or do you think I should just play with Mach2 for awhile.  I want to cut fairly detailed 2 1/2D signs.
Thanks.

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 08:53:31 AM »
Yeh they should all be the same, but yes you are right, you will need to manually copy all the settings over, as you cant just copy the setup xlm over.
Its  bit of a pain to set it up but persevere and you will eventually get it all working.
Best to get set up with mach3 now instead of using mach2 and find you have to chane over later.
I would ask logitrol if they have the xml for mach 3 that works with thier setup. Chances are they will, and if they dont, ask them to do it for you, it would be good it they made one for thier customers.

Offline MJR

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 10:47:12 PM »
Since I have a demo version of Mach2 installed (supplier supplied) and have been testing my machine, would I be able to download Mach3 (into a separate file) and be able to set up my machine to it and run it independently ?  When I purchase the software will the unlock code recognoze both or only Mach3.
Thanks.

Hood

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 02:36:03 AM »
Yes you can have both Mach2 and 3 installed on the same computer, you CAN'T run both at the same time but they will happily coexist on the same drive.When you purchase all you need to do is paste the license code into the Mach2 and Mach 3 folders and both will be full versions, but I think once you have tried Mach3 you wont want to go back to Mach2 ;)
Hood

Offline MJR

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 07:25:14 AM »
Thanks to Hood & ynneb.
Maybe today I will brave it & download Mach3.  Not sure why my stepper/controller supplier wants me to still use Mach2. I quess I will soon find out.
Still would like to find a local (Calgary,Alberta, Canada) Mach guru or user to help me with this cnc world.
Thanks again.

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
  • Knowledge is the Treasure.
    • View Profile
    • Black Dragon Technologies
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 04:43:30 PM »
MJR
  My company is in Calgary and we use Mach 3 to control our CNC system. Right now is not a great time but june 6th on I may be abloe to give you some advice etc. Drop me an email I would be happy to assist.

miked@bdtfx.com

Mike