Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:45:23 AM

Author Topic: Resets, Reboots, etc  (Read 3070 times)

Resets, Reboots, etc
« on: June 01, 2006, 06:39:30 PM »
Hello all.

Help please.

I have trouble with my computer crashing, rebooting, etc.  Yeah, I know I need a better computer, but for the meantime I have this problem:

Whenever it does this (or basically, whenever the RESET blinks and I click on it), I have to re-zero all axis.

Is there a way to keep this information stored so I can shut down my computer nightly, thus avoiding most of the crashes?  Once I spend an hour to set up the machine (I need +/- 0.005 maximum 0.002 would be better), I tend to leave it alone so I don't have to deal with it.  After a while, it crashes, then I have to re-center my chuck.

Let me be clear: the axis do not go to 0.0000, but rather some random number (usually about 25 mils off what I want).  I don't know where these numbers came from.

Thanks ahead of time...

Re: Resets, Reboots, etc
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 06:57:06 PM »
Do you have home switchs on the machine? If you have the home switches you will be able to stutdown,Startup mach, rehome and be back to cutting chips :)

There is also a way to do this under the Config/State ... play with the persistan Offsets and CopyG54 From G59.253 on startup. That should get you what you are looking for.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com