Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:59:26 AM

Author Topic: NO POWER  (Read 4109 times)

NO POWER
« on: June 14, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »
I just started setting up my machine after rewiring for limits, and now I can't get the motors to move.  I am using Probotix 3 axis system, all of the board lights come on normal, have checked the power outputs as described, but the motors will not move.  I tried hooking up one motor at a time, using the last motor tuning info. , which was working, but now the motors work move.  I have even un-wired the input wires to the limits, but still motors do not move.  What do I check Now..........

Hepl please............

Inivator

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: NO POWER
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 01:44:12 PM »
Di you have them moving before you set up the limits?
If you disable the limits in Ports and Pins do the motors move?
Are you trying to Jog the motors with the keyboard? If so do the DROs move?
Can you move if you type a command into the MDI line?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 01:51:13 PM »
Yes, they were working before limits set-up.
Trying to move from keyboard.  Dro's move, but not the motors.
Have not tried MDI command yet.
Have disabledports and pins.

thanks for the quick reply.....Inivator

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 02:00:46 PM »
OK if the DROs move when you jog then Mach is sending the pulses out to the port. Now next thing to check is that you have the correct port address set up, however if your breakout seems to be lighting up in response to your port I would presume it is correct. Does your breakout have LEDs that show a state change when you change Jog direction? If so do they change? If they do then it must be a wiring error to your drives. If you dont have LEDs put a volt meter between the Direction outputs and a ground and see if it changes from 5v to 0v when you change jog direction.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 02:15:45 PM »
No LED on board for direction change.  Will check the voltage drop..........

Thanks

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 02:56:10 PM »
Is there an "Enable/Disable" pin on your break out board, or the driver cards. It seems to me that if all was OK before you fixed up the limits, and suddenly all have failed, it is something simple. The enable/disable switch is the best thing I can think of. Was it wired up to one of your commons - and have you changed the polarity of the comon when wiring up your limits.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.