Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:11:44 PM

Author Topic: Output Pin Problem  (Read 15527 times)

Output Pin Problem
« on: June 04, 2008, 02:13:42 PM »
There is probably (hopefully) a very simple answer to this, I just dont know what it is!

I'm Using Mach 3 and a CNC4PC C11 Breakout board.

I want to use the relay on Pin 1 to turn the spindle control on, the relay on Pin 16 to set the direction and the 0-10v on pin 14 to control the speed.

I can get the speed output (all works fine) but I can't get the LED on pins 1 or 16 to light up.  I have tried other pins and they work fine and have checked pin 1 on the lead going into the board and that has 4.7v (and goes on and off as expected).

The voltage from the VFD into the common of the relays is 12v which should be fine.

Is there something else required to get these relays working or have I blown it up before I've started?
Re: Output Pin Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:16:09 PM »
Also when I look at the diagnostics screen. Pins 1,2 & 3 are always lit for some reason.

I have turned off all input and outputs but they are still lit????
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 02:22:03 PM »
And one more thing......

I can't get the charge pump to work either.  Most of the outputs do seem to work other than these 3???
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 06:03:02 PM »
Hello HurcoMatt,
 Just wondering if you ever got this situation resolved.
I am having similar problems and no response from Mr. Duncan as of yet.
Thanks,
RC

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 01:12:06 PM »
Not yet but they did come back to me thje same day with some questions so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »
Still having problems here.....Any luck there Matt ?
I'm stuck right now.....waiting for Mr. Duncan.
Keep me posted if you will,
RC
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 09:18:35 AM »
Dear Sir,

Someone brought this message to my attention (thanks).  You mentioned you were waiting for an answer from me, sorry, but I am not aware of this, when and how you tried to contact me?
So it is just outputs 1 and 16 and the Safety Charge Pump  that are not working? Please check the following:

-   Are the LEDs for pins 1, 16, and 17 on the board lighting?
-   What about the LEDs in the diagnostics screen in mach3?
-   Have you tried a different cable?
-   Could you measure those output pins with a multimeter? In the port itself, the cable, and terminals on the board?

If you are positive the board is receiving the signals, then it must be that one of the buffers or optoisolators could have gotten damaged.  I know how frustrating this is, but keep in mind that it is better to have to replace this than to have to deal with a problem with the PC.  These chips are easy to replace, inexpensive, and readily available: http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/index.php?cPath=38_43.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Arturo Duncan
http://cnc4pc.com

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 04:06:14 PM »
I want to use the relay on Pin 1 to turn the spindle control on, the relay on Pin 16 to set the direction and the 0-10v on pin 14 to control the speed. I have the same desire.

I am also having identical problems.

-   Are the LEDs for pins 1, 16, and 17 on the board lighting?
No

-   What about the LEDs in the diagnostics screen in mach3?
Yes

-   Have you tried a different cable?
No, but I will.

Did you ever get it resolved?  I'm still waiting on another C11 board from Arturo, but I believe he's away for a few days.
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 05:27:03 PM »
There are some issues with some of the C11's, one of which is... the DB25 connector is evidently from a bad production run.
Loosen the screws on the connector housing of your printer cable and gently move the cable end left, right, up and down and see if there is intermittent continuity. (temporarily set the outputs "Active" in Mach and watch the LED's) I was able to temporarily salvage output 16 and 17 this way until I got my replacement board.
RC

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 06:24:36 PM »
RC and others, were you able to get these issues resolved?

I was actually thinking about getting one of these but now I'm hesitating..   :-\

thanks-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)