Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 08:18:19 AM

Author Topic: Compatability with Anilam  (Read 7391 times)

Compatability with Anilam
« on: May 15, 2006, 05:52:28 PM »
I have a 3-axis bed mill with Anilam 1100 controls on it currently and the older it gets the more little things I don't really like about it.  I have no G-code flexibility since it is a conversational control and is limited in some ways regarding how much I can do to vary feeds during programming.

What are my options with your product?  I have never utilized the machine to its fullest extent as a 3 axis machine as I perform mostly drilling and profile milling functions on it.

Rick

ynneb

Re: Compatability with Anilam
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 07:03:58 PM »
What are my options with your product?

While I am not familiar with your machine, so long as the stepper/servo drives are step/direction controlled then Mach 3 will control your machine.
If the steppers/servos are not controlled this way, you may need to put new drive cards on.

Mach will then allow you to either use its onboard wizards or conversationa options, or run any Gcode that your CAM software can produce.

Essentially, Mach3 will open up as many options as you will ever need.
There is very little it cant do. Infact Mach willl turn an otherwise redundant machine into a diverse machine that can even do 3D milling.

Is this what you were asking?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 10:11:49 PM »
I just did an Anilam Mill... I took the motors off and every wire out of the control :) I put on 1KW motors and got the mill doing 500IPM :) You could keep the motors but the drives are going to have to go...

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 12:00:44 PM »
I just did an Anilam Mill... I took the motors off and every wire out of the control :) I put on 1KW motors and got the mill doing 500IPM :) You could keep the motors but the drives are going to have to go...

Hope that helps
Brian
I have a 3-axis bed mill with Anilam 1100 controls on it currently and the older it gets the more little things I don't really like about it.  I have no G-code flexibility since it is a conversational control and is limited in some ways regarding how much I can do to vary feeds during programming.

What are my options with your product?  I have never utilized the machine to its fullest extent as a 3 axis machine as I perform mostly drilling and profile milling functions on it.

Rick

I'll add my question: an engineer at Gecko recommended ArtSoft to me, when I asked if there was a driver that would allow me to integrate an stepper-driven Hoffman rotary axis into my Anilam 1400 series pc-based control. He suggested replacing the control, instead. The control now has two motion control boards (two axes each) and an I/O board for the front panel on the pendant, and communicates via RS-232 to a PLC for M-code control functions. The three axes now attached are older-style tach servo motors, driven by Westamp boards, with positioning feedback from 1000-line encoders driven off the motors. I would like to keep the encoders on the three axes, use the stepper on the fourth, keep the PLC for M functions, and maybe even use the auxiliary I/O of the pendant. Possible, from you experience, with appropriate work on my part?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 01:45:49 PM »
You will have to change out the PLC because there are no doc's on how to talk with it :( The DL06 is only about 200.00 and you can buy a new one if you ever have a problem! You should be able to keep the encoders on the motors and there is no problem running a stepper on one axis and servos on the others. If you need help with the PLC I can program one and ship it to you.

Hope that Helps
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 05:40:12 PM »
You will have to change out the PLC because there are no doc's on how to talk with it :(

Well, I have the equipment to capture and evaluate the PLC protocol. Would you recommend against that approach?
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 08:25:36 PM »
Mach3 will only talk over modbus.. So if you can get the settings and it is Modbus it should work :)

www.machsupport.com