Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:48:59 AM

Author Topic: LED overlay possible?  (Read 5021 times)

Hood

LED overlay possible?
« on: May 15, 2006, 05:32:16 PM »
I have adapted the Touch Screen by zealouse and used Benny's DRO skinĀ  to suit my needs, hope its OK with you guys?
 I was wanting to have text on some of theĀ  LED's rather than at the side. I was hoping to make a skin up so that when active the text would show but it seems like LEDs cant be skinned. Is there any way to do this? An example of the LED I would like to do is the Constant Velocity LED, my screen can be seen here http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/hoodsmachiningpages/Mach3screen.jpg and I would rather have the text on the LED rather than at the side.

Hood

ynneb

Re: LED overlay possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 06:06:20 PM »
You will have to check out the way led skin are made in the tutorial I posted.
The process is not as sraight forward as you would expect. Follow the tut closely and it will work for you.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 06:47:29 PM by ynneb »

Hood

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 06:15:44 PM »
Thanks Benny, I already have it downloaded but forgot all about it, will go have a look now.

Hood

Hood

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 06:53:24 PM »
Benny I cant seem to add it to the screen. When I try to add it with the LED control in Screen 4 I dont have the option of using an image rather than the standard LED. When I add it as a button it shows on the screen as both on/off states.
 Where am I going wrong?

Thanks
 Hood

Hood

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 07:17:32 PM »
I found my problem, had an older version of Screen 4, just downloaded the latest and all is working perfectly :) now I just have to match up the colours to the original LEDs and all will be good.
THANKS!!! Benny for your help.

Hood

Hood

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 01:17:10 PM »
Benny
was wondering where the LEDs that are used by the latest Mach 3 version are stored as I cant seem to find them in the Bitmap folder. I want to grab one to get the colour of the ones I create identical.
Hood

ynneb

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 05:42:49 PM »
Those LEDs are stored within the mach program itself. You cant access them. Sorry

Hood

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 05:50:40 PM »
OK thanks anyway.

Hood