Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:11:20 AM

Author Topic: c10 breakout board rev 8  (Read 11152 times)

c10 breakout board rev 8
« on: April 18, 2008, 07:33:21 PM »
Does anyone have any feedback regarding this board, specifically revision #8?

cnc4pc    c10 breakout board rev 8

Brian

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
Re: c10 breakout board rev 8
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »
Hi Brian,
  If you are wanting to know if it works, then, yes it works. I bought one a couple of
months ago, and replaced a breakout board that was passive,( non-powered)-and the new one works
much better,(the motors sound like they are finally getting all of the information at full strength- if that is even
possible?)I'm not electrically trained, but I fought the old bob for over a year- just to save a buck or two,
and now wish I would have just gotten this board sooner! A good board is a good investment. ;)
Glenn
Don't assume anything.....it'll make a Manager out of U and Me!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »
I am also using that board on one of my retrofits and I am very pleased
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 11:00:56 PM »
That's good to hear. I had one of his earlier boards and had some problems.
I just got done building this machine and I needed a new one.
The PMDX board is supposed to be a really good board, and speaking with them
they even told me that the CNC4PC board has come a long way since inception.
Thanks for the feedback,
Brian
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 09:57:54 PM »
Hi Hood sorry it took so long to get back with you.
I found out the problem was the bob from cnc4pc
it just took a dump, so I called Arturo and bought another one.
I installed it today and man what a piece of crap.
I now have the limits working, unlike the other board but now the damn motors wont work.
Arturo and I narrowed it down to his buffers on his new board, they took a dump.
He wanted me to change out the buffers in the system, so I did and when I
was done I made sure that all pins went into the sockets just right just like he told me and
when I turned it on it started to smoke.
This is getting out of control. I need a very basic board, and now I have 2 boards to throw in the trash
and machine just sitting there. and very little hair left to pull out.
I'm pissed. I will never buy from this man again.
The stuff he puts out is just junk, "in my opinion" you get what you pay for.
Thanks,
Brian
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:30:59 PM by KNS Supply »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:17:41 AM »
Cant comment on Arturos stuff as I have never used it. I have 2 of Eds breakouts from cncbuildingblocks.com and both have been good and quality seems good. Also have 3  of Steves PMDX122 breakouts from pmdx.com and again the quality is good from my experience.
Hood

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »
I have never had a problem with Arturo's stuff. Works as advertised, and the prices are right. When mine did go bad-(through my own stupidity, not Arturo's design)-the parts were easily and cheaply replaced, and everything is socketed, too, just to make it that much easier. A+ rating from me. From many others post I have read over the years, Arturo has gone above and beyond his responsibilities to make customers happy. Thats more than 99.999999% of other companies would do for anybody after the sale. Gecko is another. Artsoft is yet another. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience KNS, but on the other hand, I'm pleased to say that I personally don't think it's a typical one.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 10:27:02 PM »
Thanks Sam for the reply.
I have to say, he really tried to get this thing to work, I just think I'm the black sheep customer
that is the one who just got unlucky with his parts.
Kind of like the guy who got struck by lightning twice.
1 bad board ok, but 2 in a row, now I feel compelled to say something.
I'm running the Gecko G203V drives with Mach 3 and you are right all 3 companies have
been fantastic in their support. I just think that you get what you pay for.
Arturo's board is $25, all the others start at $81 and go up.
There has got to be a reason for this. Hopefully Arturo's #'s are right when he says he might have
a problem with 1 out of 500 boards; well the next 1000 people should be satisfied.
He sent me out another board today to replace the one that fried. So we'll see.
If I don't get the results I'll just buy a PMDX 122 like I was going to in the first place.
Thanks,
Brian
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 06:51:17 PM »
I am running a total of 6 of cnc4pc boards currently and other than an occasional mistake on my end have not had a single problem, they seem to be very well laid out and of qaulity construction , to have the same problems twice in a row with a proven board might suggest an error somewhere else.
If your looking at spending nearly $100 on a board why not consider the c10 from cnc4pc , I am using 3 , one on a 4 axis mill and the other two on lathes and they are very "full featured" , more features than a number of other boards that cost in excess of $200
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 08:19:42 PM »
That's the board I'm talking about.
Get one bad one ok, get a 2nd right in a row and almost get my system fried=bad!!
He's sending me a new one so we'll see.
Brian