Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:03:57 PM

Author Topic: mach don't control the spindle switch  (Read 11879 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: mach don't control the spindle switch
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 09:42:32 AM »
You have MaxCL mode enabled, try without that.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 09:47:07 AM »
oh i forgot to copy the license..  anyway it makes no diffrence.

without maxcl my x-y axes don't move. (tried that too)

how do ppl normaly control the plasma ? i couldn't find any post with the same problem.

later edit.. its working without MAX CL ... i mean it switches .. but i lose y axis and x is moving in oposite direction
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 09:52:46 AM by superbec »
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 09:56:48 AM »
with this setings it's trigering the relay .. but it's useless cause i don't have x-y movement

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 10:00:32 AM »
Do you have MaxNC hardware? if not then you dont want to use MacNC. What drives do you use, are they step/dir?
Hood
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 10:32:10 AM »
i got the driver board from dubble  @ www.cncdrive.com. and yes it's step/dir ... and stepper motors.

i'm very pleased with the suport and delivery time,  if i change the driver i will go for a servo package..

any ideeas of other setings that will work with maxcl enabled?

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 11:05:16 AM »
If you are just needing a 'Spindle On' signal from Mach to drive a relay then 'Step and Direction' is entirely the wrong thing to be setting (makes me wonder if the guy you bought you BoB from knows anythign about Mach). Turn off your spindle related stuff in ports and pins and then click on the 'Spindle Setup' tab, look in the top left corner in the section which is coincidently labeled "Relay Control". This is where you set an Mach Output signal that is used for the relay. What is an output signal you ask?

Click on the 'Output Signals' tab, here you will see a list of signals within Mach that you can map to (attach to) a pin on your LPT. If you are not using any of these outputs, just set 'Output #1' to the correct port and pin for your relay and then enable it. Now go back to the 'Spindle Setup' tab and make sure that both CW and CCW (Anti-clockwise for you Brits) are set to Output #1 and that 'Disable Spindle Relays' is NOT checked.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 12:17:24 PM »
@Jeff yes it's working like u said but only with MaxNC disabled .. and my motors don't work without MaxNC enabled..

so i have 2-3 options, use diffrent drivers,use diffrent software or wait for a miracle :D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 01:08:46 PM »
ok as an experiment set each motor to port 0 for both direction and step and keeping MaxNC mode active see if your motors still work.
 I dont have time at the moment to look at your hardware specs but let me know which drives and breakout you have and I will look later.
Hood

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 02:36:26 PM »
You also need to uncheck the step/dir under Spindle motor control. Again, it sounds like the guy your bought this from doesn't really know what he is talking about (as far as Mach goes).
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 02:41:28 PM »
i'll do that tomorow first thing when i get to the shop.

i'll ask Dubble to post the driver specs, it's only one board controling 3 axis