Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:27:46 AM

Author Topic: Mach3Turn - 1st 'Beta' release of the SilverBlue Screenset for lathes  (Read 79508 times)

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
I ran the silverblue screenset tonight again, never got the strange render on the cycle screen again, all was well. Like you just posted, it is a random thing somehow. One thing, the flyout jog screen that pops up on the right side of the screen when you hit shift, it has no background at all, just black, but you don't really use it that much for a lathe, well, at least i haven't used it that much yet....! The whole screen is so nice, I never seem to get tired of looking at it, i'll never be able to go back to a Fanuc screen ever again, even the newest colour one on our new $150k 5 axis lathe, Fanuc should be so lucky!
                        Dave.
Oh Oh.....

Dave, I'm afraid our lack of knowledge with the Turn module is now clearly obvious !

We totally forgot about the MPG flyout screen. Well totally forgot it existed :)

Beano is working a 'suicide' shift this weekend (Sounds Nasty !) so I doubt if we will get the MPG screen completed but we will ASAP.

If you see any other weirdo's just shout. The Toolpath rendering is a strange one.

Thanks.
A quicky.....

Beano survived his 'Suicide' shift but is sounding real strange on MSN........

So the Main installer file has been updated to inlclude the new MPG screen.

(You will need to re-download the installer again)

Sorry about that.... Totally amateurs with the Lathe stuff.

Screenshot attached......

Any bugs or errors please shout up.....

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Hi Guys:

These screens look amazing. I really like the fact that they duplicate the main Mach3 turn screens almost to a tee..
(The Tab screen is amazing..). Have these been used by anyone as yet to verify functionallity? Im thinking this woudl make a great
general release screen for Turn. A much needed facelift for the turn section.

Is there anythign I can help with in terms of any problems that may exist in them? Im a bit embarassed that I hadnt seen them as yet,
if it wernt for Benny pointing them out to me I may have missed them for awhile. I dont get here too oftend, Bennt and Brian keep this
forum running so msooth I rarely get my head out of the yahoo group and the code.

At any rate, first rate screens. I think th eonly question is, do they function well engouh for a general release? Im thinking theyd be real popular,
though I may need to shrink their size of the grpahics a bit to keep the releasepackage from etting bloated..

Regards,
Art
Hi Art.  Neither Santini or myself have a lathe, so cannot test the functionality of the screens ourselves.
We've been relying on others to "shout" if they've had any issues.
So far nothing's come to light that we could pin down to the screenset.
There have been around 100 downloads.  So far no complaints.

I think the only question is, do they function well engouh for a general release?

Hmmmm.  Suck it and see I guess.

We'd love to be able to thouroughly test the screenset, but with no lathe it's not so easy.
How about putting the screenset on the main Mach website as an optional download,
with a screen shot maybe, so people can see roughly what they're going to get.

It's free.  If peolple don't get on with it, they can use the original .set
Nothing lost really.

It's really cool to think you like our screens enough to want to include them in the release package.
I'm sure I speak for both of us when I say, we'd be honoured.

Cheers.
MrBean.

yes Art the  the silver one is my main screen i have been using it since it was made i did not try all the functions but they sure look good they are a little jagged on the radius but work just fine thank you again guy's  when i use the turning wizzard they look a little dull       (not being modified)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 05:02:14 PM by marcel beaudry »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Thanks Guys. I'll give it a good run before switching things over, but I really think this screen is heads and shoulders above all other Lathe work Ive seen.
Very impressive. Look for your names in the Matrix help/about in the next version.. Anythign I can do, just yell..

Regards,
Art

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
I've tested this screen a bit, I'm not really ready to do production runs, but the only thing I can find is that, on the Jog flyout screen, the direction arrows seem to be for a mill setup. lathes are typically in X and Z axis, and the jog arrows don't follow along with that here. Z negative should be travelling left, towards the chuck, and X positive should be towards you, away from the centerline. Other than that, all thumbs up!
:)

After some time away It's great to see movements on the screenset front.

Art, seeing our names in the About box in Mach makes it all worthwhile ! Thanks very much.

(On a seperate note, is the code for that About box available on the net or is it something you wrote. It's impressive. I'm on the hunt for something similar)

Thanks again.....

The sun's out in the UK at the moment so not much p.c activity !

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Hi Santiniuk:

The code is public domain. Do a search for "Matrix C++ class" . If you cant find it yell, and Ill cull it out and send it to you..

Thanks
Art