Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:42:37 PM

Author Topic: Mach and Bobcad Version 19  (Read 3692 times)

Mach and Bobcad Version 19
« on: March 14, 2008, 04:58:55 AM »
I hope someone might be able to help out here.   Is there a Bobcad forum one can go to for help?  I know there use to be one hanging on the bobcad website. I'm having trouble remembering how to use or put a surface G-code tool path on a tool I tired to make must be 3 years ago.  I'm way out of shape. I started with bobcad clear back in 2000, version 16 when it didn't work I moved up to 17 and the same thing, didn't work and of course moved up to 18 and now 19. I was using a small bench top cnc mill called a taig, I moved up to windows xp and let the machine set for 3 years now. I just bought the upgrade to my driver box and the new Mach 3 software hoping that it might work better.  I made the error of calling bobcad and talking to a salesmen and now their driving me crazy trying to tell me to move to version 22.  Anyway it's just a simple round little cutter and I need a bit of help trying to get the G-code set up right! I would really like to see if I could make this little tool. Before I'm forced to buy version 22.

I think this new Mach 3 mill software looks to be a great package.

Thanks
Mike
rhjgold@cornhusker.net

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach and Bobcad Version 19
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 05:16:05 PM »
Hi, Mike

I have ver 22 hear, I understand the, "salesmen and now their driving me crazy trying to tell me to move to version 22" issues.

Tell us about the, "simple round little cutter" and "I would really like to see if I could make this little tool".

Thanks, Chip
Re: Mach and Bobcad Version 19
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 05:27:21 PM »
Mike, not sure from your write-up exactly what you are trying to accomplish - But, I have not found anything I wanted to do with my Taig mill that I could not accomplish with Mach3 and a free CAD program (CADX11).  There are a couple of a surfacing programs in the Wizards function of Mach3.

I have access BobCad, but have not found it to be any more useful than Mac3, Cadx, and DeskEngrave.

Save your big money for more important things like metal and beer!

Bob @ BobsShop - BTW - I am not associated in anyway with any of the above mentioned programs