Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:10:37 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 on 64 bit Windows XP? "No Driver sensed installed. Run Driver Test"  (Read 21261 times)

I just installed Mach3 on Windows XP Professional x64, the 64 bit version of XP.  Tried DriverTest.exe, got the error message "No Driver sensed installed.  Run Driver Test.", so I did, and I got the error message "No Driver sensed installed.  Run Driver Test.", so I did, and I got the error message "No Driver sensed....

Well, I really only ran it once.  Or twice.  Anyway, has Mach3 been run successfully on 64 bit Windows XP?

If you've seen my other thread, I reinstalled Windows XP (32 bit) on that computer, reinstalled Mach3, and I still have the same problem.  I'm looking at other things now, harmonic dampers for the steppers and such.  But I thought I'd try to run Mach3 on a different computer, and the 64 bit XP is the only other one I have.

Thanks,
Monte
Same experience here except on Windows 2000. Error message during install - while too quick to read in detail it is clear that it pertains to a driver issue.
Same message when running driver test.
Installed the special drivers, no difference.

What drivers is the programme looking for?

Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Have you guys tried reinstalling Mach over the top of itself again? Also look in device manager and see if the pulse engine is installed.
Hood
Have you guys tried reinstalling Mach over the top of itself again? Also look in device manager and see if the pulse engine is installed.
Hood

I'm now using the Smooth Stepper, so it's a non issue for me.  I haven't tried the SS on the 64 bit computer since the other one is now working well.

Monte

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Great, thats a BIG plus of the SS, it will let you use computers that previously had problems running Mach such as laptops :)
Think Greg is on to a real winner with it.

Hood
I just loaded Mach3 on my x64 Windows XP machine, after deciding previous PC was below marginal for meaningful use.  I get this 'No driver sensed....' error.  Running Driver Test just repeats the same error.

Has anyone got Mach3 to run on the x64 version of XP Pro ?  I'd like to understand if I'm wasting my time, or if it might be a PC specific issue...

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
I don't believe it will run in 64bit OS's.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
Thanks - looks like I'll have to find another PC to use.
Re: Mach3 on 64 bit Windows XP? "No Driver sensed installed. Run Driver Test"
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 02:21:58 PM »
Need to know how to access "driver Test". Please help. New to Mach3.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 02:25:14 PM by Dan326 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 on 64 bit Windows XP? "No Driver sensed installed. Run Driver Test"
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 02:38:48 PM »
Need to know how to access "driver Test". Please help. New to Mach3.

Make sure you dont have Mach running, browse to the Mach3 folder on your drive (default is C:\Mach3) and double click on the file called DriverTest.exe.

Hood