Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:06:01 AM

Author Topic: limit switch trouble  (Read 10187 times)

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
Re: limit switch trouble
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 11:40:09 AM »
??? yes i am in series. using a continuity light hooked to the two wires the light is on until i trip any switch. when i go to active high the limit error box pops up & says there is an error. when i tell it to fix the error it reverts back to active low.
thanks greg ???

vmax549

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 11:52:11 AM »
Greg if you are getting the BOX then something is not right in your setup(;-) Possibly the pins are not set to what the switches are hooked to.

If you togle a switch and do not see a change of state on the Diag LED then the computer is NOT seeing the signal.

WHat BOB are you using? WHat input pin to the bob are you using?

(;-) TP

Offline kak

•  81 81
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 12:08:53 PM »
Hello again

My Machine looks like on my drawing.

All the Limit switches uses the same Pin (11) because they are in series.

I hope it helps

Adam

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 12:23:45 PM »
??? i know something i wrong. i have tried everything i can think of, it is a c10 from cnc4pc. there schematic shows to hook them [the switches] to pin 12 & 5 volt. i have it hooked that way. in mach inputs i have enabled checked  pin 12. active low. like i said i can not put it to active high.
thanks greg ???

vmax549

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 05:04:59 PM »
Ok I have looked at the c10 board and it will require an active low the way it works. Set the limits for active low. NOW move to the diagnotic screen in mach

looking at the right side on the screen you will see several rows of leds group together in rows these are port/pin indicators . Next activate a limit switch and watch to see if one of these leds changes state if it is on it wil turn off verse versa. THat will tell IF the signal is getting from the BOB to mach.

By the way is this on a working machine?? do the axis move? and are they using the same BOB to hook to the drives??

(;-) TP

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 05:29:49 PM »
Hi, Adam

Your use of pin 11 for all axises in incorrect, Should be Ground.

Pin 10, X--, X++, X home in series other end to Ground.

Pin 12, Y--, Y++, Y home in series other end to Ground.

Pin 13, Z--, Z++, Z home in series other end to Ground.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 05:42:55 PM »
There is also a jumper on the BOB to select 5v for the common or ground for the common. It needs to be 5V. You also need a separate 5v power supply to the board. Probably got that ? Then, switches in series, active LOW should work on any input pin. Even 2 thru 9 if selected with the other onboard jumper.
RC

One other thing that has not been mentioned is the Port Address.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 05:56:52 PM by Overloaded »

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 05:56:27 PM »
thanks to everyone for tryingto help. it is taken care of. i shot the damn thing.
greg
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 05:59:45 PM »
Hmmmmm........Any salvageable parts for sale ?
Hey Greg, I just noticed in your first post you said it goes from 0 to 5V when a switch is hit...that's backwards. With 5v common, all switches closed, you would have 5v to the input. Hitting a switch would make the input go LOW. Active LOW would work.
How bad did you shoot it ?
RC
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 06:06:56 PM by Overloaded »

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 06:04:59 PM »
now seriously i got it working & i do not know what fixed it. i have been fooling with the switches for 2 days.
this is a new router i have built.. every thing was working except the homes & limits. i have not tried the home switches as i have the control box laying on the machine.
only other thing to hook up is 2 relays.
this is my second machine. this one has been harder to get going than my first. i do not know at this point if i would try a third.
thanks to all. greg