Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:36:23 AM

Author Topic: Excelon file converter  (Read 8681 times)

Excelon file converter
« on: November 27, 2005, 11:16:17 PM »
I have been playing with C++ and I have a Excelon file converter about 95% done :) I need to have a few files for testing... is there some one here that could help me out? This is going to be part of Mach 3 so it is for the greater good :)

Thank you and I think I wold like to have some Gerber (sp???)  file's as well
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
Re: Excelon file converter
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 01:21:04 AM »
Brian, did you gae some files? If not let me know and I can send you some.

Chad

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 06:09:47 AM »
No I didn't get any :( If you  write it they will come (I hope)  ;D

Thank you
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 12:48:51 PM »
Brian,

I think I am the person who recently started that subject. You may see my trials in a photo section of Mach3 group. sheetcam modified accordingly his program to accommodate my quite typical excellon file and DipTrace did the same.

First, I sugegst you use G81 rather that a series of G2s step by step. While it is the same technically, it is a pain in the nec to follow that code just if someone has an urge to do so. The second thing is that most peple believe that code needs to be in following X, Y pairs. Not so, in the case of my excellon (it sounds weired but it is a perfectly legal and documented format by Excellon) only the xariable that is changing is changed in th enext line. Now, to make things more difficult, if x didn't change but Y did, x won't be mentioned in the next line but you have to watch it because there is no place holder tokeep x on the left and Y on the right.

Another thing is to add M0 whenever teh diameter changes (tool change) that is all to it, well, at lest most.

If you want to, you may send me a file converter to test and I can drill a PCB according to it, compare and psot how it did.

The best program that does it correctly is www.deskPCB.com, good for 3 weeks and you can clearly see how he does it. He did a fantastic jhob. Now, having said that, I presume Isolation milling is next right?!?!?!?!?!?  :)))) I personally don't use isolation milling but I do use drilling feature.

Notice also, that there is a deal with leading zeros so you have to provide that option...
Looking ofrward to that feature!!

Mike

Offline chad

•  361 361
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 05:38:12 PM »
Hey Brian, I just sent you a zip with some files to use for testing.

chad

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 06:40:39 PM »
I got them thank you !
Brian

www.machsupport.com

Offline chad

•  361 361
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 03:30:34 PM »
Not that you don't have a milion things on your plate, but i was wondering if you have made any progress on the converter?

chad
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 08:34:19 PM »
I am going to work on it as soon as I make a few more support video's... I just got a new computer and I have been setting it up... I need to put C++ on and get started, But the converter seems to work now:)

The Wife is out this weekend so I will have all the time I need

Brian ( I need to stop going to work, it is getting in on my fun... )

www.machsupport.com

Offline chad

•  361 361
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 02:17:26 AM »
That is awsome! I am envious, I am moderate to advanced -mechanically inclined, advanced electronically inclined, but can't program to save my life.

Chad