Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:38:41 PM

Author Topic: V 2.77 ready for test  (Read 12992 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: V 2.77 ready for test
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 08:54:27 AM »
The pop up window will stay on top of any document I have open on my screen until I close the pop up as you can see on this screen shot.

Vince

vmax549

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 08:58:14 AM »
N4NV, that is the auto calculator function. Try going up to the OPERATOR control at the top of the screen and IF the auto calculator is checked uncheck it.

WHat version of MACH are you using?

(;-) TP
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 10:52:08 AM »
How do you do that? Ive never seen such a pop up keypad. You must have some application or driver loaded that does that- it is not part of Mach or the wizards.

vmax549

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 12:47:26 PM »
RON that is the auto calculator function of MACH it is a little critter ART added in a while back. To turn it on go to operator and click on autocalculator. THen when you click on a DRO the window pops up and you input the data through the calculator using formulas or direct input of numbers. Unclick it and it goes back to MACH normal.

(;-) TP
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 01:00:21 PM »
Damn, I never saw that one before. I was thinking about doing something like that for my mill that has a touch screen. Ill have to run out to the shop now and try it.

I have no control over that from VB, so I cant tell if it should work with the wizards or not. If it works on any DRo it ought to work in a wizard.

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 03:08:09 PM »
N4NV, that is the auto calculator function. Try going up to the OPERATOR control at the top of the screen and IF the auto calculator is checked uncheck it.
WHat version of MACH are you using?
 (;-) TP

That was the problem.  I have never turned that function on or off.  It must have been turned on when I installed version 3.03 of Mach.  The only thing in the operators menu I have used was the brain functions.

Vince
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 08:52:34 PM »
Thanks for the fix to the circle routine.  I had been tearing my hair out thinking I was doing something wrong.  It's nice to have such a reasonably priced product that gets real support.  Keep up the good work.
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 04:37:06 PM »
I have just purchased this software add on. I like what I see so far. However, a couple of things.

1) I can find no reference to G40.1 (I am a$$uming it should be G40 that should be generated), if not, someone please tell me what G40.1 is. (I am also quite new to CNC programing).

2) I am using Mach3 as supplied by Tormach for PCNC1100. There is still at least one issue where the hard coded path to Mach3 is used. When I use the List operations button on the main
screen I get,   Error on line:19 - The system cannot find the path specified.  If I edit the script that pops up to point to the PCNC3 directory and then 'run', things perform properly.

P.S. It would be help full if errors could be forced to the top. I have had what seemed to be a hang situation only to find that there was an error box behind the main screen
that needed to be responded to.

Regards

Rick G.
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 06:58:46 PM »
I dont know what g40.1 is either. did you see it in some of the wizard code?

I thought I fixed all the path issues, but I guess that one got by me. Ill fix it and post anew version later.

The error window seems to have a mind of its own, sometimes its on top, sometimes its not. I have also spent time trying to figure out what was hung only to see an error box under my window. Brian is looking at several issues with the integration of the Vb script engine into Mach. He is planning to fix it, but probably not for a month or two. When he does Im going to make a major revision to the wizards to clean up a lot of redundant code.
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 10:35:40 PM »
The G40.1 code appears to be in the initialization string generated by the Newfangled Solutions wizards, at least it is in the first lines of cnc code generated by them,
I suspect that the same string is generated by each wizard (I only tried about 5 so far) G40 is probably what is supposed to be output and tne G40.1 is a typo in the
lines that generate the code.