Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 01:28:50 AM

Author Topic: Screen simplified set  (Read 4514 times)

Screen simplified set
« on: April 27, 2006, 06:46:01 PM »
Hi to all. I am Italian. The screens shown sets are all very beautiful ones. Can an easier interface be created where the text of the buttons and the labels is gotten by a files of resource so that each can translate it in her own language? is it possible to use the VB script editor? Thanks. Giordano
Re: Screen simplified set
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 08:32:17 PM »
This would be a possibility if the text layer was a seperate JPG from the button layer.  I think we have to wait for Art to address this.

Jeff
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 11:59:02 AM »
Hi Jeff. Thanks for the reply. I thought about using buttons and standard labels to the place of that sorts in JPG. Giordano.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 08:57:44 AM »
Hi Giordano,

My mother was actually born in Rome but I'm afraid my knowledge of Italian is non-existant  ::)

What I would say is that I'm afraid the screensets recently produced are all guilty of not lending themselves to another language.

To create the visual effect of the MachBlue screen for example, the buttons are all created as individual graphics. A background is created in photoshop and panels created. The buttons are then sunk into the frame.

While this method creates an improved visual, no borders etc.... It really would be a nightmare to convert to another language. (Which is a shame).

What I would say is that if your handy with a graphics program, load the individual backgrounds and manually edit the text labels. It would be time consuming, but nothing's easy and would allow for other language designs.

Buona Fortuna !
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 11:18:36 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. Hi. Giordano