Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:01:20 PM

Author Topic: Spindle RPM  (Read 20059 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle RPM
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 04:35:14 PM »
ha ha no probs

Hood

Offline Perfo

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 06:19:19 AM »
Hood you put your weak points in the CNC and now you've got a box full of strong ones. :-)
Very good point about selling the single phase motors they do go for more than three phase and would off set the costs of getting the converter I think I would still have to use the gears though unless upgrading to a 3hp motor would give me enough torque at the bottom end.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 06:33:35 AM »
That is the way the industrial machines used to do it before they started going with Servos for spindle motors, Brett has a Hurco which he is doing at the moment, think its got and 8 or 10Hp motor on it, there is no need for that HP from a machine that size other than it was controlled by VFD so to get the low speed torque the HP had to be a lot greater.
Hood

Offline Perfo

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 06:44:08 AM »
Anything above about 3 hp would start to give me problems with my supply. Still I may give it a go once everything else is up and running. I've got my eye on a small three phase motor already that I may be able to get for a very reasonable price as it's in a mates garage and he isn't doing anything with it. I work in a power station so you'd have thought there would be plenty getting scrapped here and there but unfortunately most of them you'd also need a power station to run.
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 07:40:06 AM »
Hello,

Could any body help me how to configure spindle in PC base MACH3 softwatre vresion 3.041 ? I have milling machine ibn which i am facing this problem .Please help me tos et the spindle of the machine. It does not move at all i am starter for Mach 3 .

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 08:46:50 AM »
Please detail what hardware you have the motor connected to, that way someone will be able to tell you how to set it up.
Links to the hardwares web  pages would be good if you have them.
Hood
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 02:33:08 PM »
Mr Hood

Thank you very much for you reply regarding setting up spindle run.

When i opt step/dir motor option  spindle does not run at all. BUt when i Opt PWM and spindle output motor option. and put test command M03 s1000 or s200 or anything. Spindle just move farction of seconds than it gets stopped.

on the lowest window one comments shows up PMW limiting value low or something.

I would be thankful to you if you could help me to set the spindl e up.

My mill is mini mill by sumore It is MACH3 PC base . Connected through one end of chord to a machine and another chord to 25 pin connector which is in built in the PC board.

Please help

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
I did a quick search for your mill and didnt come up with much, do you have a link to any documentation. Without knowing what hardware the spindle uses for speed control no one can tell you how to set it up.
Hood
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2008, 01:50:10 PM »
Mr Hood

Hello, are you oline? Some how i am able to start Spindle of my mill. But now i cannot control it at all. It always moveio on anticlockwise wth high speed.

I did a little setting  I went to
Pin and ports. then i enable spindle. after enable it i went to spindle option. there i selected PMW option. and us spindle motor out put.

After this when i gave command M3 or M4 in Input then spindle moves at good speed but anticlockwise. Please tell me how i control it .

I am using mini mill SP2215 www.sumore.com

Please advice

Offline Perfo

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »
Breezetools, It looks from the picture of your mill that it has already been set up as a CNC and thus the spindle problem should have already been checked as working. Did it originally come with Mach 3 and a PC or are you trying to convert it ? Is the motor 3 phase ? or single phase ? If the only problem you have now is it turning the wrong way and it is a three phase motor then all you need to do is to swap two of the phases over.