Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:58:00 PM

Author Topic: mach3 on kent mill  (Read 8912 times)

mach3 on kent mill
« on: January 23, 2008, 09:07:27 PM »
have a kent mill with servo II cnc conversion have had no luck gettin the mach 3 program to work any suggestions or tricks that could help? ty ::)
Re: mach3 on kent mill
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 11:12:12 PM »
The servo motors are DC brushless,  do the drives take step/direction signals?  If not are you using a step/dir to +/- 10volt converter board?  What breakout board do you have?

Or did you just load Mach3 on a pc and pluged it in to the Servo II controller?  IF yes, that will not work.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 12:14:34 AM »
yea i just loaded it on a laptop and was goin from there so yea need some help here
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 10:21:42 AM »
Well you have a road a head,  but don't fear it can be done.  Put up some pictures of the motor controllers or are they inside each of the motors?  Also a picture of inside the control box to get a idea of their setup.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 10:27:27 AM »
First thing I would suggest you do, especially as it is on a laptop, is look in your Mach3 folder, you will see "DriverTest.exe"  Double click on it and a test will be done to see if your computer will run Mach ok. Also make sure you have shut Mach down before running the test.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 11:09:15 PM »
well i guess my pics didnt get posted i will try again tomorrow is there a better way to post pics as when i tried earlier it woildnt let me attach the whole file so i just attached 4 pics as it allowed i apologize as i im somewhat of a noob @ forums and a super noob at mach 3
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 02:47:07 PM »
I often use this site for pics, http://imageshack.us/  just remember to copy the URL after it uploads the picture so you can find it again.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 07:11:19 PM »

k i wiil try that when i get home. i have been going through the tutorial videos and i think my problem may be in the pin set up as i have no documentation on the machine i need to get the pin information i know that the motors are working because i can controll them through the pendant.that is another question will i need to remove the pendant? i really appreciate all of you gus input and hel i just wanna get my machine up .excited and frustrated all at the same time lol. i will continue with the vidios as well as try and get the pics up so u guys can see kinda what ive got,as well as try and get more info on my equipment thanks again
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 07:16:09 PM »
i did run the test on the laptop and have come to the conclusion that the laptop will not work dunno if its a cpu issue or what but i just looked like barcode across the test window so i will use my desktop tha ran an exceptional test .just wanted to use laptop to keep it out of the dirty environment owell cant win them all.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »
been doing a little research and this is what the guy from servo II said "The Servo II does not use step and direction inputs it is a full closed loop
servo system with the Positioning commands coming from a PC with the
Servosource CNC program via an RS232 high speed connection." not real sure what all of this means but am i stuck or will i be able to run mach 3 on this machine?