Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:17:17 AM

Author Topic: New Plugin Available - XBox360 Controller  (Read 39187 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
Re: New Plugin Available - XBox360 Controller
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 02:08:35 AM »
I am sorry it didn't work for you.  I would suggest that you do not pick the ShuttlePro since I wrote the XBox plugin using the ShuttlePro method of communicating with Mach.  I suspect that it will not work either.  Both devices are considered as HID (Human Interface Device) by Windows.  So if you pick another controller you should make sure that it is not considered as a HID.  Most new devices, including USB joysticks are being defined as HID.  An older joystick that plugs into a Gameport should be ok.  That is the type that the joystick plugin was written for.

Good luck and let me know what you find.
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 05:56:29 PM »
I've installed the xbox plugin. But when I start mach3 it says: "plugin defective"
I am using a Logitech xbox controller vendor id: 0x046D , product id: 0xC216.

Could this be the problem?

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
Hi arturoc

Yes, that is the problem.  I do not have the Logitech controller so I can't test it.  However, if you want, I can add your VendorId and productID and you can try it.  The question is how Logitech handles the buttons and the thumbsticks.  They probably do it the same way as Microsoft. But, I can't say for sure.  So, if you want a modified version for the Logitech, send me an email to LeeFairfield at Hotmail dot com and I'll send you a modified version.

Regards
Lee

Offline BigZ

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 07:12:24 PM »
Will a messenger pad attached to the controller work in Mach?

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 10:36:41 PM »
Hi BigZ,

If you are refering to the addin keypad that Microsoft offers for the Controller, the answer is, it should work but I am not sure.  As I understand it, the keypad is really just a USB keyboard that uses the XBox360 controller as a pathway for communication.  If you hook up the keypad to the controller and it starts working like a keyboard, then it should work.  Try it and let me know.  If it gives you any error messages, let me know what they are. I might have to add the productId of the keypad, but I don't think so.

Lee

Offline BigZ

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 03:22:32 PM »
Hi BigZ,

If you are refering to the addin keypad that Microsoft offers for the Controller, the answer is, it should work but I am not sure.  As I understand it, the keypad is really just a USB keyboard that uses the XBox360 controller as a pathway for communication.  If you hook up the keypad to the controller and it starts working like a keyboard, then it should work.  Try it and let me know.  If it gives you any error messages, let me know what they are. I might have to add the productId of the keypad, but I don't think so.

Lee

Lee thank you for such a great plugin and the foolproof instructions( only recieved my XBox controller yesterday).

I am only thinking of buying the messenger pad as I would like to add my camera edge finder offset and zero plate to my controller. I do have some spare buttons left but couldn't work out if I could configure it for hotkeys.

Any plans to get all the buttons working? Just a suggestion would it be possible to expand the joystick menus to include all the functions listed in the button menu?

Great work Lee

Liam
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 03:24:19 PM by BigZ »

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »
Hi Liam,

You are welcome.  The only things that are not working on the controller are the left and right triggers. I felt it was too easy to bump them.  They are analog (like the thumbsticks) rather than push on - push off type buttons.  So, I don't plan to enable them.  All of the other buttons should be working.  If you are asking about adding additional functions to the buttons (such as macros), I will probably be adding it in the future.  As far as adding things to the joystick, the problem is that they are analog. Adding pushbutton functions to an analog control can be done.  That would be a lot of extra work. I may consider doing it at a later time.

Regards
Lee

Offline BigZ

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 03:33:54 PM »
Hi Lee look forward to the future updates.

Unfortunately I ran into a problem today. When starting up Mach3 I get an ""Error Code Art 904. Attempt Recovery".

Unfortunately the program dosn't recover unless I remove the Xbox plugin and reopen Mach3. I have had this plugin working on this computer and have not changed any settings since. Any ideas on how to fix it would be appreciated?

Regards Liam

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 04:15:40 PM »
Hi,
Did you upgrade to a newer version of Mach?  Brian changed the pointers and it caused some problems for the shuttlepro and probably my controller.  Let me know if you changed it or anything else. If you went to 3.040 try going to 3.041. See Yahoo board for info.

Lee
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 06:08:11 PM by Leed3 »

Offline BigZ

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 12:05:35 PM »
Hi Lee

I was using R2.63. I have upgraded to 3.041 as suggested but problem still persists.

Liam