Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:54:23 AM

Author Topic: Mach is not seeing the limit/home switchs keeps travelling HELP PLEASE !!  (Read 6306 times)

Offline maxy

•  21 21
    • View Profile
Re: Mach is not seeing the limit/home switchs keeps travelling HELP PLEASE !!
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 09:35:42 PM »
This is a 3 axis machine and we are only testing the Y axis switch....so how does mach or where does it save or get it's Ref data from ?..

As like i said...we ref off of the limit switch by pressing (Y) button to Zero the Y position. Then when we move away
from the switch , we should just press REF (Y) and it should return to it's positon of Home that we originally selected as our reference.

it seems that mach does not know where to find our home position we selected, however on the mach screen it indicates that it has
moved *********.xx position when in fact it has not physically moved at all.

So it's like geting it's data from where ???? we have tried selecting the DRO auto to be on and this made no difference.

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 11:22:34 PM »
Are you troubleshooting this problem by yourself? Or do you have a flunkie working with you?

Ask the flunkie if he plugged all the lines in.

I think that maybe the Z...Y...X... ref all may work.  Set up all 3 axis as if ready to go even though you only have y actually set up with home switch........what you think?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 12:30:22 AM »
If all you can test with is Y, go in ports and pins, inputs and disabel your x and z home switches. Click on machine cord. then ref.all home. if it homes and zeros your y axis Machine dro, click machine dro again to display your work coord. (MACHINE COORD WILL BE RED AROUND THE EDGES WHEN THE DROS ARE SHOWING MACHINE COORD.) Now if you click on zero Y button beside Y DRO, your machine and work coord. should both be 0.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!